Taking this really hard...

Asysin2leads

This may sound stupid, but why not turn his death into a positive thing. You admired him for his mentoring, and you admit you have been through a rough patch. So why not turn your life around by being more like him, or doing something else "new" with your life, in honor of him. I think that is far more profound than sending flowers or attending a funeral. Even if you only make a small change that is positive, it will be honoring his life.

This may sound stupid, but why not turn his death into a positive thing. You admired him for his mentoring, and you admit you have been through a rough patch. So why not turn your life around by being more like him, or doing something else "new" with your life, in honor of him. I think that is far more profound than sending flowers or attending a funeral. Even if you only make a small change that is positive, it will be honoring his life.

That was not stupid at all.

Sound advice.

My brother killed himself 40 days ago. 35 days ago, the brother of a good friend was shot to death by the cops. (he was drunk, wouldn't put down the pipe). 20 days ago, my daughters school chum OD'd.... And then Rob died.

I have the same regrets about Rob that I do about my brother. I did not take the opportunity to tell them what they meant to me. I so much want to believe that they know now.,, that afterlife that AK so eloquently debunks. Really tho, how else to deal with these horrid losses? How else to comfort ourselves and go on?

I'm disappointed that AK chose to use this thread to spew his negative opinions on religion. There is certainly a better time & place for this type of "discussion".

Manure stinks, is not pleasant to deal with and can leave unpleasant lingering effects. But spread it on your flowerbed and see what happens - in season. Life is like that - $hit happens that isn't nice but if we accept it as part of what will eventually makes our lives richer, it can give us hope.

Hang in there.

I'm disappointed that AK chose to use this thread to spew his negative opinions on religion. There is certainly a better time & place for this type of "discussion".

Manure stinks, is not pleasant to deal with and can leave unpleasant lingering effects. But spread it on your flowerbed and see what happens - in season. Life is like that - $hit happens that isn't nice but if we accept it as part of what will eventually makes our lives richer, it can give us hope.

Hang in there.

Doogs, with all due respect, this is your 4th post. You don't know AK like anyone else here. Your post is the bigger distraction. Thank you.

• Like 3

I have to say this before my head explodes. Doogs how dare you demean someone else's coping mechanism and feelings without knowing who ANY of us are??? Really???!! 4 posts on this forum and you dare to attack a member who knew Dust personally?! Spewing BS about negative religious views?? I think you better step back and step off.

And AK...you are absolutely right! Dust is still stirring the pot..how freaking awesome is that! :)

• Like 2

Just to ensure that there is no misunderstanding, AK, I am one of those "religious" that subjects my beliefs to rigorous scrutiny. I appreciate your comments and certainly respect your worldview. Mine is ever evolving and you help me with that.

I had a hard time the first night along with many. It's funny how you get attached to personalities even on the net. I had my fair share of arguments with dustbunny but I respected him like I respect many here and I have made many friends here. I never met him personally but I found out that he was sick and the one and only time I ever had private chat with him, I found out that he had never had the pleasure of tasting canned salmon. This may not sound like a big deal but in my house canned salmon is like gold. So I had helped my husband can the smoked sockeye and it sat away for a year. I figured that since I helped can I could grab a few cans, little did I know it was being counted :). I told dustbunny that I would send both plain and smoked as no body should die without tasting it. I sent it down with a nice card that had suggestions on how to eat it and it also said he didnt have to share if he didnt want to (I try to make people share, right dwayne). Anyways I think of that little story and it makes me smile. Maybe to you all having a hard time think of one good memory of him and when your feeling a bit sad think of that one memory.

DOOGS

Im very dissapointed that you chose to post your comment. As many may not agree with AK's views on religion he has every right to state them here. He is one of the few that knew Dustbunny personally and he knows his views and I know that AK would never state anything that would offend Rob. Once you get to know all the personalities here you will know what I mean. Welcome to the City fellow canuck and I hope those are your last negitives :)