What Did I Do Wrong ?

You asked a question:

"What did I do wrong?"

Then, you answered it:

I purchased a scanner and listen to our local calls as much as possible. I have also purchased lots of medical supplies for my car. So the other night, I heard on the scanner that there was a wreck with entrapment just about a mile from my house. I was first on the scene and found a 50 year old male who hit a telephone pole and bent the steering wheel. He was compaining of chest pain and difficulty breathing, his vital signs were stable. I put on a C-Collar and gave the patient two of the Nitro pills that was in his pocket

The typical response would be:

What kind of training do you have, to back up the level of care you provided.

Which you already provided:

I am just 18 and about to start my EMT-B class, but I have had EMS in my blood for as long as I can remember. I have been reading my text-books (and paramedic book) and studying as much as I can before class begins.

Here's a question for you:

What kind of feedback did you want to see?

I am glad I could help your egos feel better about yourselfs.

Well Your'e certainly off to a ripsnortin start young child.

15 posts and a negative 13 rating

Lose the attitude,

Lose the scanner

Lose the EMS equipment that you shouldn't have!

LOSE the avatar, you couldn't even wipe the sweat off dusty's balls.

Stop Freelancing!

get your punk ass back in school

Mc Donalds is hiring, with your attitude you might even make fry manager by the time your 30.

If you think this crowd has been tough on you, then maybe you need to be back in kindergarten before you end up killing an innocent victim!

• Like 2

You know when I first tsarted this post I had a whole bunch of stuff quoted but to be honest thtat just cluttered up my post.

You stated that you were 18 and not yet an EMT, I am 22 it was not that long ago that I was in your shoes as a matter of fact I skipped my high school graduation so that I could go take my National Registry practicals. With that being said don't you DARE start telling people that have more years in this field than you do alive to get there panties out of a wad or that you helped them stroke their egos. Seeing as I am not much older than you I can say some things and not come off as some elder that is just spouting stuff. You are arrogant if you think that just because you bought a book and read it you are as qualified as I am, I will get to my lack of qualifications here in a second. Your first mistake was responding apparently outside of the agency response matrix if you even belong to said agency. Second you gave the patient Nitro, RuffEMS (or maybe Eyedawn) asked you some questions about Nitro that I can't answer YET. Second of all if I ever had you come across as my student and I knew that you were the guy who posted this on this thread you would do NOTHING BUT CARRY GEAR and this has nothing to do with the fact that you are a student but that you can't keep your stories straight.

Anyway I will get off that soapbox and move on to the education soap box I am an EMT, As an EMT you know enough to kill your patient, with that being said if I know enough to kill my patient than what do you know...exactly nothing. Did you take the BP by auscultation or by palpation. Do you even know what these words mean?

You stated in one of your myriad of sad posts that c-spine wasn't rocket science and that since you read how to do it in the book you know how to do it. Have you ever practiced and been guided through how to do it by an experienced preceptor? Can you tell me at what vertebrae does lower extremity paralysis set in, what about upper body paralysis? Also tell me just how did you maintain proper c-spine while applying the collar? Last time I checked it took two hands to hold the head and two to apply the collar? With that being said I attempted paramedic school once I failed out but you know what I am on my way to being a better provider because of that. When you want to start working on EMS as a profession not just some hobby that you do when you need some adrenaline high come talk to me or a number of other professionals on this website and we will set out a curriculum for you that is tough and progressive enough to educate you not just in how to do something but why you do it. I could have been a paramedic out on the streets in 14 months instead I took the long road as our generation of providers needs to do and am getting a degree in the field that I enjoy.

Now on a more human nature your 18, you think your big bad and Gods gift to man kind, well guess what you ain't your the kind of person that give our generation a bad name, I have had to work hard in my career to overcome the stereotypes that people like you have put onto my generation. You ask what you did wrong we tell you and you tell us that we are stroking our egos. You ask what you did wrong we tell you and you say what none of us do is rocket science well let me tell you something kid I would take just about any of these professionals on this site and I would put my life and the lives of my family in the hands of these "arrogant folks". Now grow up put your boots on and come get some

education not just from us on this website but from many other experienced professionals that probably are in the community with which you live.

Oh and I am sorry but you have not EARNED the right to use that avatar IMHO there are only three people that are anywhere near close enough on this site to being able to use that avatar and seeing as your name isn't Dwayne AKFlightmedic or ERDoc please show us a little compassion and change it.

Edited by TylerHastings
  • Like 4