What Did I Do Wrong ?

That was my initial thought as well, I mean it has all the workings of a good whacker story. However, if that's not the case then I think everyone else summed up what you did wrong, and I'm not really one to be redundant.

Agreed

Between this and the off duty thread, this guy is either a serious whacker or just a troll.

Hope you have learned from your post here. We are here to help. Sometimes you have to get hit by a "hammer" a few times to realize the big deal. Those nitro could of killed him. With significant internal injuries and a very potent vasodilator that equals vast uncontrolled internal bleeding which often leads to death. You may not of administered the nitro but you seem to be the inbetween goto for getting them. It seems from your earlier post that you have learned that nitro is for medicall chest pain not trauma chest pain. Very big difference. If you must listen to the scanner than use it as a tool to help you think of things. A call goes out for syncopal, you stay at home and think of what could of caused it, help it, and look it up in the book. I would not recommend responding unless you have the education and the backing of at least a volunteer department.

I have learned a lot over the years here at emtcity. Please stay and become an active member and you will learn from the many wise here.

I look at it this way. What's done is done now lets educate him to prevent him doing this again and possibly hurting himself or others not tear him down. He'll resent you for that and do whatever he wants. I'm not going to say " hey buddy good job". I'm going to say " you had good intentions but this is the proper way to do it". Then he'll know he can look for and accept help from someone who will listen. Is this a forum to trash those who respect and want to do what we do or are we here to advise with our experience and help each other out. I pray that all is well for that patient but one thing I'm sure off is that patient was happy to have someone with him during a serious situation and provide some comfort knowing he wasn't alone. You can't change the past but you can prevent it from happening again.

Maybe we should all sit around the campfire , hold hands and sing KUMBAYA !

The FNG knew what he did was wrong, came here hoping somebody would blow smoke up his ass and praise him for breaking the law and giving dangerous medical treatment, that he's not trained or licensed to provide.

He got the necessary response from licensed professionals. Nothing more and nothing less.!!!

I am glad I could help your egos feel better about yourselfs.

This isn't about making ourselves feel better, it's about answering your question with HONESTY!

now that avitar of FNG is going to offend many can anyone say why?

*Lone Star raises his hand and impersonates Horseshack from "Welcome Back, Kotter"*

I am glad I could help your egos feel better about yourselfs.

Stop acting like a petulant child.

If this is all you got out of this, then you do have a lot to learn and not nearly mature enough to handle the responsibility that goes with the profession.

You're dealing with people's lives here and if you screw up, it's not like a video game you can reset.

You also need to learn the difference between arrogance/ego and confidence- one is about a false sense of self importance, and the other is about a self confidence that comes from education, training, and experience. In this context, one is dangerous, while the other is a valuable asset to have, but it is EARNED.

I tried to be nice before, but now im fed up. Sell the equipment and the books, and get your cash back from the school, you have no place in EMS. You have shown that your not the kind of EMT/Paramedic I would want treating a member of my family, and your not the kind of partner I could trust to work with.

The John Wayne avatar is insensitive and just plain malicious. So yes im sure people are going to be mean to you. Before what you called "mean" was people trying to show you the gravity of your actions, yes you probably could have killed someone, that is a huge mistake, and you dont seem to understand that. Now because you obviously tried to make us all upset with your avatar, we will point out that your either stupid or you just dont care enough to be in this business.

So this has never been an "ego boost" for us. But you certainly have a chip on your shoulder, and sooner or later that is going to slide over and take your head off.