Robert (Rob) Davis

Interesting. Thanks for posting this for us. Some of my timelines on what I knew were definitely off...

Hey all,

it is also with great sadness that I return. I must admit, the finality of this disease process has hit me hard even though it has been a long road. I remember when Rob shared the diagnosis with me, how do you respond to news like that? Knowing what lay ahead for him, all I could say was that I was sorry. Not out of pitty, but rather out of respect for ALS and the ravages we knew it would play on his body.

He has been in my thoughts a lot since the announcement and will say it has been hard. I didn't know Rob on a deeply personal level but I have many highlights. I first 'met' him here we were both pretty new and ended up tag teaming against an adversarial type, whom I would eventually gain a lot of respect for. Squint, do you remember those days? :innocent::fish:

I truly wish that distance and personal commitments wouldn't prevent me from being a part of a party or gathering in memoriam. Though he may be gone, he definitely won't be forgotten. And though I regret not being able to meet and greet in person, I will charish the opportunities that I did have getting to know him personally by other means.

Its really good to see you drop in Kevkie .. just wish it was under better circumstances .. yes I do remember very clearly and Rob laughed at the ass whooping I received . :innocent:

You know, we always used to butt heads about how much of a Lee County fan boy at one time I was. Hell, when we chatted we even got in arguments about who was getting home (heaven) first. Well, Rob, looks like you just had to beat me down just one more time! I'll never forget you, you were an amazing person and about the smartest person I knew when it came to anything about public safety. God Speed Rob! God called an AMAZING angel home.

FYI:

Please pass this on to as many of Rob's friends as possible. I was not consulted as to the dates, it is quick notice, and none of them fall on my day off, so I don't know if I will be able to visit much. Dutch, can you send on to Mark and Danny and the other truckers. I am a lousy secretary and forget where I write down e-mail addresses.

Chooper Copper

To those that wish to celebrate the life of Rob aka Dustdevil:

Please come by and join us in the Celebration of Robert S. Davis and his family and friends that will be held at his mother and stepfathers home from 10am to 8pm on October 22, (Saturday) 23, (Sunday),24 Monday. At Rob mother's home they will have room for 12 persons to stay at the home, not in rooms but open areas, and approximately 30 or more campers in the back wood area of the home. Robbie states she has plenty of wine for this celebration and beer, if you prefer something else BYOB. This will also be a pot luck situation, bring what you can. Any questions contact me at p31@evermantx.net.

He is out of pain and with God

Frank

Edited by tniuqs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.