Robert (Rob) Davis

I'm greatly saddened to hear of Rob's passing. His undeniable passion for elevating EMS to the level of an educated, caring PROFESSION will be sorely missed. Undeniably we did not agree on everything but without question I have always been able to respect both his position and justification for said position. All the best to Rob's family & loved ones as they work through the grieving process.

Dust & Squint have consistently been two of the EMTCity members I would most relish the opportunity to work with. Squint you'd best keep your chain-smoking (did you finally quit?), greasy Albertan rear end alive. The "new guard" still needs you.

• 3 weeks later...

In honour of Rob's memory I am making request to admin and Ak for their review, that we could start a Topic Site to be entitled:

The Dustdevil Memorial Remote Medic Topics ... am just throwing that out there, but with Robs passion for development it would be rather fitting ... what say you guys and gals ?

I like it, it'll get me away from that Consultant Physician who is attempting to talk like a Kiwi and let me use my knowledge of the entire spectrum of antibiotics, of which they are two, ceftriaxone and benzylpenicillin, man sounding like an orthopaedic surgeon right there :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just logged back in yesterday to find out that a mentor of mine had passed. As many of you have related, we have all had our moments of being schooled by Dust...many of us are much better for that. I am devastated by this news, but will always hold great memories of our conversations. As someone else stated "friend"doesn't seem like enough....You were my EMS Brother...You will be missed. Love ya Buddy!

• 3 weeks later...

Update from Chopper Copper:

I sure miss Rob’s company. I think of him often.

Send me a physical snail mail address, squint, I put together a DVD of video clips from the police helicopter I have recorded over the past twenty years, I would like to send you a copy.

I dedicated the video at the end to Rob.

I am truly honoured by this, Rob loved flying in fling wings .

• 6 months later...

Well, to most of you this is old news. To me, it's new. Although I knew Rob was sick, I had my own shit going on, and he was Rob. Always a tough front. But I knew time was short. That is what is crazy about life, always that denial thing, Even living and working around it. I missed saying goodbye, I hope not to make that mistake again. Speak your mind, Rob and I would joke about websites we were kicked off for pissing people off. I know he would be greatly honored by your post Bryan Bledsoe.

My Chuck Norris Ninja lol, love you!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am saddened to read this. Rob and I were in a EMS chat room on MSN years ago until the room was closed. I was not aware of his illness. I pray for his family and his extended EMS family as well. He was a good guy and will be greatly missed by all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.