Robert (Rob) Davis

Rob was one of those people you meet once in a lifetime. Bright and intelligent and dedicated to his profession. He will be missed by many.

LAST CALL TO DUTY:

Rob Davis

Gods Speed on your journey home

I find myself without words right now. Although we never got to talk on a personal level....I took all of Rob's advice to heart....& I'm a better EMT for it. As I prepare to enter medic school now after almost 10 years as an EMT, I still remember Rob telling me that when the time is right, I will know without a doubt. His "Ok, here is how it really is" approach to EMS has been the driving force of how I teach and mentor new EMT's and medics in my agency.

To Rob,

Friend just seems to impersonal of a title. I am proud to call you brother....rest in peace. Your legacy will live on....because of the lives you have touched here.

He often posted and would have a picture of John Wayne or Chuck Norris as his avatar.

When I started on this website Dust had an avatar of Lahey from Trailer Parks Boys. For the longest time I always thought that was him. It wasn't until I actually watched the show (on his advice) that I realized I was an idiot. Thanks for that Dust, I love that show and the movies that followed.

EMS has lost another of it's Old Guard. The ones whose passion for EMS helped to bring it into the light. The ones that paved the way for those of us that came later. We all owe a debt to those who came before. The ones that help Medics grow beyond ambulance drivers, and drove us towards better education and higher standards for ourselves. Dust had a passion for medicine, both EMS and Nursing. He constantly spoke of improving ourselves as a profession and as caregivers. Through education and not training. Understanding why a medication works physiologically not just because a protocol says to give it. His standard of education is something we should all strive for in our careers.

Dust, I know you have found the peace you deserve. I send you off with a glad heart knowing that your pain is behind you. Thanks for letting me get to know you a bit and thank you for the wisdom you passed on.

Peace,

Marty

I'm gunna miss ya Rob... Now I won't be able to listen to Austin music or drive through Ft. Worth with out my mind going straight to you... Often thought of you anyways doing that drive from Wichita Falls to Austin and listening to our mutual music friend Danny Schmidt, or any of the others. I will never forget our late night music talks, or our bashing of certain parts of Texas.

Forever and Always Dusty...

Man I had no idea..

Dusty, you will be missed. Even though we were at odds a lot of the time here on the boards, I always had a lot of respect for you and I truly enjoyed engaging in our arguments. You were consistently passionate about EMS, offered well reasoned opinions, and were willing to shake hands at the end of every fight. I know this is "just" an internet message board and we never knew each other in person, but you will be missed.

Rest in peace brother.

This took me by such suprise. We had some great conversations throughout the years. I always liked reading his posts because you always knew where you stood with him...There was no BS!! EMS is a better place because of him. RIP Dust. You will be greatly missed. My condolences go out to all who knew him.

Denise

As stated, you slipped between liking him and hating him, but he always provoked me to thinking. Always a good trend.

5-5-5 Transmitted for the EMT City (Old Fire Fighter side of the FDNY for a bell system code for a death of member).

Terrible news. I knew he was sick, but I didn't know he had this terrible disease. That's just not fair. I met him 5 years ago, and I was surprised how different he was in person than online. Yeah, he is really going to be missed. It's nice to see that he influenced so many people here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.