Robert (Rob) Davis

Well, it certainly has been a while since I have been around.

Ironically, the other day, as I was riding backwards on Engine 23, I thought about Rob, and how I haven't talked to him in quite some time, and how I needed to get in contact with him, let him know how I was, and find out about him.

This kinda stings, because I never did.

As one of the "firemonkeys" that often enraged him, I also learned from him, and am a better provider for it.

Thanks buddy for lighting the fire (and then throwing gasoline on it to amuse yourself) under my ass to make me a better medic. I'll see ya on the otherside.

I have been inactive from this forum for quite some time and occasionally receive emails on "emt city misses you". However, this morning I received one on the passing of DustDevil. I came to pay my respects and I am quite sure "emt city will miss you" tremendously. I was a lurker mostly with a few posts here and there, but truly enjoyed reading his posts. Hats off to you and may you RIP ems brother.

I'm another one that has been inactive but still checks things out. And every time I'd come back and visit, DD was in the thread with a very "Ok, here's how it is..." approach. Sometimes I disagreed, but I did always respect the straightforward way he laid things out.

RIP, brother. Thanks for everything.

I am sitting here, numb. It's been a while since I have been here but I was in contact with Rob. I knew about his illness, we have been mailing each other outside of the forum since 2008. I just wish I could have seen this coming. I was in the States 3 weeks ago, I am so so sorry I didn't get an internal flight and go and see him on my trip.

Rob, you inspired many here, including me. The birds have stopped singing here and it's getting dark. Now I know why..

Sleep well brother..... we will miss you!

Carl.

Ok I know i am a day late getting the news ... This F(*&K'N SUCKS ASS!!! ... Im sorry but we all have our things.

Bryan, Thank you for your posts. They explained a lot. Rob and i spoke for a long time and eventually even then lost contact and this explains it..

Rob, My friend, My Brother... thank you for all you have done for me and everyone that knew you.... Godspeed and look over us all... I will continue to stir the pot in your honor brother!!!

RaceMedic

Sorry to hear this.

I have not known Robert personally and I`m not long enough around here, to have read a lot of his posts, but reading those posts you guys wrote in this thread, gives just an idea of what a great man he must has been.

Rest in peace!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.