Robert (Rob) Davis

This explains a great deal, Thank you Bryan.

I am very sorry to hear this news.

His thoughtful posts and, tenacious comments will be missed.

My sincerest condolences to his family.

Joshua

I offer my sincere condolences to his family and his friends.

I know that I've probably done more than my share of driving him absolutely 'bat shit crazy' at times, but I have to admit that through some of the absolutely knock-down, drag-out' battles we've had, I was honored to call him 'friend'.

It is because of Rob that I've not only changed my view on becoming a 'degreed medic' or 'collegiate medic', but has made me the vociferous advocate I am on trying to increase the educational requirements for entry-level EMS. I will continue the fight, and can only pray that I can bring even half of the passion and tenacity that my friend had!

Rob Davis was one of those 'love him/hate him' kind of guys. There was no 'in between' with him.

Like many of you 'old timers', I've spent many hours simply chatting with him in voice/video chat and in text. I can't help feeling 'cheated' that I never got to meet him in 'real time'.

Because of Rob, I've gone through miles of Hell to get back where I am today. Every time I thought about just throwing in the towel, Rob would somehow intuititively know, and would magically appear and put a boot in my ass to get me moving in the right direction. For that, I will aways be in his debt.

Rob never allowed any of his friends to 'half-step' along, you either marched full bore or you didn't join the formation. One of his favorite (and most used) expressions was, "Go big, or go home!"...a creedo that I've adopted along the way.

Rest easy my friend, your job is done. It's now time to pass the torch, and let someone else continue the fight you and a handful of others have started. I will proudly carry that torch and light the way along the path that you have laid out!

• Like 1

Wow. I wasn't expecting to read that today. This is really hard. Even though I never had a chance to meet him in person, I counted him as a true friend and colleague. After so many years in the field it takes a lot to make my heart sink, but this definitely is one of those things. Rest in Peace Rob, and my most heartfelt condolences to all of your immediate and extended family.

My most sincere thank you to Dr. Bryan Bledsoe, yes Brian as we age we are subject to more and more eulogy's they are getting far to frequent as we discussed in your pool that day but stir the shyte ? isn't that somewhat to a pot calling the kettle black ? Although a bit of a negative connotation but both Rob and Blesoe force us to look at ourselves in the mirror professionally and ask the truly hard questions and ask "just where are we going ?" as without shadow of Rob was dedicated to advancement .

I am at a most serious loss for any intelligent words right now, except that I feel like I lost my brother today. Most Honestly this news has has farked me up (a dust devilism). I felt so highly of Rob, I respected him for his passion and his commitment to the future of our Profession, in todays day and age this is rarely equalled. Rob's his support behind the scenes of his friends was true blue, I am indebted to Rob for helping me with some personal monsters, nuff said.

Rob would tell us its time to support those that lost. SoI called his family to send my sinserest condolences, damn it was hard to choke those words out of my throat I will admit it took me a couple of tries .. now, Robs wishes were not to have a funeral but as you know from AKs start of a tribute / photo montage that Rob he enjoyed setting up rendezvous' perhaps we should do this in his honour.

Robs step father is answering Robs phone right now and is astounded / astounded at the calls from all over the world that are coming in, and when, I gather some composure I will network with Robs family I will advance on this thread. So RUFF keep a part of that bottle full.

I asked that Robs Step Father to please give Robs Mother a great big heartfelt hug from all of us on EMT City so that she knows that even though we are on the inter net, Robs extended family could hold her tightly ... and with no shame she could give us some comfort as well.

Rob you are gone from this dimension but you will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

post-8540-0-97499900-1317685885_thumb.jp

I guess the firemonkeys finally got him. It was always a good argument when he got involved. I never met him in real life but would have loved to grab a beer or two with him.

Godspeed, Dustdevil.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.