ACLS expiry and ACoP

ukcanuck

@basejump - sorry don't get it maybe your brand of humour/sarcasm is too urbane for me but no matter which way I look at that equation I don't see the punch line.

@rock shoes - good job keep up the work and get that degree, nowadays you need pieces of paper to get ahead and thats a good one to get

@tnuiqs - yeah I will end up taking the course when it expires that way I am seen to be up to date as much as I can be just look at it as a tax on keeping my registration.

@ mobey - thanks for the offer and just how far east are we taking?? remember on my map anything east of the rockies is just labeled "there be dragons" thanks for the offer and if I am out that way I will drop you a line - what other courses do you run as I might do a week of collecting the alphbet courses cheers

Thanks everyone for the thoughts

Just curious basejump as an EMR have you taken an ACLS course ? and what is the EMR "R" part are you in "remote" practice ?

Actually that would be interesting to know. An EMR (and we've all been one) certainly doesn't have the background knowledge to understand the information presented in ACLS.

It would be like sending a kitten to "puppy school 301" and expecting it to be able to bark ... or something ...

Alot of practitioners I know are taking the one at Medicine hat as opposed to Lakeland. Dunno why, just an anecdote for ya to check into.

I'm actually looking at going through Thompson Rivers University. I have a bunch of science/math/psychology credits from there I'll be able to use towards the BHSC. TRU also has a signed transfer agreement with SAIT making things a little easier.

I haven't taken ACLS yet,but I will be in the near future. I didn't mean to be a jack-ass,but if you don't know wether you're coming or going you should probably refresh and take the course again. That would make logical sense to me,anyways. cheerss

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.