Wow, They have hired TWO females in 40 YEARS

crotchitymedic1986

Your stats would be meaningful if only the people who lived in the town could apply, but that is not the case. This town is located very close to the top tourist destinations in Florida, so there are thousands more people just a county a city away. I frequently lived over 50 miles from my employers, and if you were employed at one of those big touristy towns, where would you want to work your part-time job -- a small, a slow department, less than an hour away.

You rebuttal would be meaningful if you only knew geography. Marianna is located in the pan handle, so which of these top tourist destinations is it so close to? Please, list some.

Tallahassee (Not a typical tourist destination) 1 hour away

Panama City (Known for Spring Break, it is actually a small town remaining of year) 1 hour 10 minutes away

Tampa 5 hours 34 minutes away

Daytona 4 hours 52 minutes away

Jacksonville 3 hours 28 minutes away

Orlando 4 hours 51 minutes away

Miami 8 hours 17 minutes away

So who is going to drive from these "top destinations" which are located "very close"to a tiny rural community to make 24K a year burning all that time, fuel and wear and tear on vehicle?

You apparently have not been to Panama or Destin in years.  Panama is covered up in high dollar condos, the redneck riviera has changed to one of the top beach destinations.  Every city from Mobile AL to Tallahassee is larger than Marianna.

Edited by crotchitymedic1986

You apparently have not been to Panama or Destin in years. Panama is covered up in high dollar condos, the redneck riviera has changed to one of the top beach destinations. Every city from Mobile AL to Tallahassee is larger than Marianna.

Oh so now you want them to maintain certs in home state such as AL and drive to Mariana? Your argument becomes weaker and weaker with each asinine response. So more expense for a 24K a year job.

Condos are everywhere...does not mean they are full....see how many are for sale or in foreclosure or sit empty week after week.

Well we can speculate on both sides all day, neither of us have true statistics, but if you believe that there has only been one qualified female candidate in just that county, and the surrounding rural counties that border it, IN 40 YEARS, I believe it would be you that would be asinine. I worked for a rural county with a population of 6k in the whole county, and they had 4 female firefighters, and 3 female EMT/medics. I guess the entire gulf coast is uterine-free. And you should know better than anyone, firefighters dont take jobs for money, they take them for benefits.

But by all means, keep on your rose colored glasses that filter out the glaring truth, we wouldn't want you to actually see the world as it really is. It must be nice to be so white that you can honestly believe discrimination died in the 60's.

Well we can speculate on both sides all day, neither of us have true statistics, but if you believe that there has only been one qualified female candidate in just that county, and the surrounding rural counties that border it, IN 40 YEARS, I believe it would be you that would be asinine. I worked for a rural county with a population of 6k in the whole county, and they had 4 female firefighters, and 3 female EMT/medics. I guess the entire gulf coast is uterine-free. And you should know better than anyone, firefighters dont take jobs for money, they take them for benefits.

But by all means, keep on your rose colored glasses that filter out the glaring truth, we wouldn't want you to actually see the world as it really is. It must be nice to be so white that you can honestly believe discrimination died in the 60's.

No but you also have failed to tell me when the department went paid. I have looked, cannot find it and am not that interested in calling...maybe someone stateside could call? It is a relevant statistic, especially if you take all the stats I listed and then find out the department has only been paid for 10 years or less.

Racism, I see it every day when the black people keep discriminating against the white people of the USA... :)

And you should know better than anyone, firefighters dont take jobs for money, they take them for benefits.

This is the most ridiculous-and inaccurate statement- I think you have ever made here- and that's saying a lot.

How do you explain the existence of so many volunteer FF's and then reconcile that with your statement above?

I can tell you first hand, Crotch. As much as it pains me to admit it, I did a VERY short stint there. Bunch of backwoods..blah blah. Believe me when I tell you, when you see the population of Marrianna, you'd understand and your argument becomes mute. In this area, women don't WANT to be firefighters. You're surrounded by southern bells and/or farm girls. With an appropriate teeth to tattoo ratio. And they drink beer from a (gasp!) can.

This town is BEYOND rural. And NO ONE wants to leave Panama City in favor of Marianna. And the previous fire chief was also black. Dumb as a box of hair, yet he was promoted. I don't even think he was capable of forming a complete sentence in English.

It is over. Again, this is why it's the first question of federal applications and a lot of private ones. You get "points" for being anything other than white. You are rewarded in fact. So kiss my ass if you think it still continues. It's reverse now.

So, the Asst Chief got hired and promoted because he is black, not because he is good at the job? But wait, I thought people COULDN'T get hired or promoted because they were black? Which is it crotchity? You can't have it both ways. I'm sure Chief Lovett would love to know that he is only where he is because of his skin color and not his skills and abilities. Your continuous mantra is "How many of you have black supervisors? None because you are all a bunch of racists." Well, here you get exactly what you want and then you say it is not good enough. I do have to give you credit, you continue to get us to get us into these arguments.

It's never good enough for people like Crotchity. Even if a department was 100% black, he'd now be pissed because there isn't any mexian or chinese or oriental perosn on the department.

I already know what he'd say if a department was 100% black and that they only hired black people, he'd say that that was ok.