Wow, They have hired TWO females in 40 YEARS

crotchitymedic1986

Did anyone check the website for the fire department? They have a black man as an assistant chief (Nakeya Lovett, who was interviewed for the article). So here we have a southern, rural fire department who puts the black man ahead of the white woman. It's a crazy world we live in.

• Like 2

Yes I did see the token black to match the now token woman and was pleased. Lets change it around so even those with hoods on can understand. They hired their 2nd white guy in 40 years ! Do your excuses still hold ?

alphabet_soup_cat2.jpg

• Like 4

Yes I did see the token black to match the now token woman and was pleased. Lets change it around so even those with hoods on can understand. They hired their 2nd white guy in 40 years ! Do your excuses still hold ?

What excuses are you referencing? Also you have yet to counter, acknowledge or address my statistics from the US Census data. It is relevant to this make believe situation of yours.

Let us review the numbers again.

6230 people in the city

According to the census only 40% are between the ages of 18 and 45 (candidates for fire job)

Means there are 2,492 adults eligible for the job

This is NOT the only job in the city

Let us be generous and say half of those are female or black...leaves 1246 potential candidates for a position.

Out of the 1246 candidates how many WANT to be firefighters, how many have the training, how many already have jobs, how many do not want to work, how many are ill or injured or disabled, so on and so on.

The pool becomes smaller and smaller...until when you finally reach a number of truly eligible candidates....that number must now compete for a rare position on a 18 strong 2 station department that also has a whopping 5 volunteers.

Hmmmm...smelling what I am stepping in?

So, the Asst Chief got hired and promoted because he is black, not because he is good at the job? But wait, I thought people COULDN'T get hired or promoted because they were black? Which is it crotchity? You can't have it both ways. I'm sure Chief Lovett would love to know that he is only where he is because of his skin color and not his skills and abilities. Your continuous mantra is "How many of you have black supervisors? None because you are all a bunch of racists." Well, here you get exactly what you want and then you say it is not good enough. I do have to give you credit, you continue to get us to get us into these arguments.

I always luv crotches out look on racisum. In BC we have a basketball tourny in Prince Ruper called the ALL NATIVE BASKETBALL TOURNIMENT.AKA holy week. This is for Indians only and you have to prove your an indian before you can play. Now us white folk AKA non-indian DONT GIVE A CRAP and we go watch the games and have a great time.

Crotchity one thing I have notice is that it is YOU that dosn't like being black, it not us that don't like you for being black. So suck it up buttercup, deal with it and while your at it go and get some help because for anyone that goes out of there way to bring racisum in every god dam thread (sorry ruff) really needs some intensive therapy. Good luck and :shutup:

• Like 1

I was being sarcastic, of course I am glad to see that they have a black officer (since it is more rare than an alive T-Rex). AK, I will gladly dismiss your argument/statistics. Your stats would be meaningful if only the people who lived in the town could apply, but that is not the case. This town is located very close to the top tourist destinations in Florida, so there are thousands more people just a county a city away. I frequently lived over 50 miles from my employers, and if you were employed at one of those big touristy towns, where would you want to work your part-time job -- a small, a slow department, less than an hour away. It has been my experience that these smaller departments are "training grounds" for rookie firefighters who usually move on to a bigger department after a couple of years.

It amazes me to watch the lengths you guys will go to protect your racist counterparts. Think about it, you are actually defending this department; 2 women in 40 years, and they are not discriminating. AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is Tnuigs on this one, I know it would kill you to agree with me, but c'mon.