Treating Patients While Off-duty

Paramedics make terrible first aiders, just sayin...

:D I absolutely would sign this. More terrible are doctors BTW.

rather than run in to be the hero.
May I say that i don't like the co-notation of wanna-be-hero here? This statement is an invalid definition of both, "render first aid" as well as "hero". You (generally you) are definitely not a "hero" when "rendering first aid". I just don't like the misuse of words when people giving first aid are intentionally degraded as wanna-be-heroes or such. That may be the fact when they acting as such, but not by just giving first aid.

What's a wanna-be-hero? The one doing all showing his heroism, but effectively doing nothing to really calm down a situation and getting things organized, even not checking that he adds more trouble than good. It's the one trying to get public awareness for his deeds just for pushing his own ego. Someone simply getting things done is not a wanna-be-hero and shouldn't be reduced as such, especially not by professional providers who should know the difference between show and effective help, even if it's just calming down scene and lending a helping hand. Thank you.

Bernhard you are right of course, my reference to the wanna be hero was this image in my head of an old partner of mine. He needed the attention to justify his very existence. He would have created a spectacular scene to get it and usually did more harm than good. I certainly didn't mean to denegrate first aiders in general and I apreciate you pointing out how I have misscommunicated that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.