Pain Management, Multi-Systems Trauma

Bieber

With dislocated limbs we normally use Ketamin and Midazolam. I also find, that after the initial indication of analgesia to reposition and immobilize, most pat. don`t need extended analgesia anymore (at least not while keeping the limb still).

This. Most simple fractures and dislocations only need a bit of pain relief during splinting/extrication and are managed here with entonox and/or morphine as required; those in severe, irretractable pain (e.g. compound fractures, shattered femurs) get ketamine.

Should have made that clearer, they only get the Ketamine if we reposition. Otherwise, as with possible Fx Fenta or Piritramid.

Of course it depends on the individuum, there are the one who walk to the ambulance with their dislocated Humerus dangling at the side. ;)

We don`t use Morphine for analgesia that often anymore, except for pain relief in ACS/AMI and don`t have Entonox (a shame).

Edited by Vorenus

Of course it depends on the individuum, there are the one who walk to the ambulance with their dislocated Humerus dangling at the side. ;)

I strongly advocate patients' right to choose, even if it's not what I would choose :D

Edited by kiwimedic

If you want to try ketamine, stop by the local rave or dance club and ask the glossy eyed teenagers :D

*big fish , little fish ,cardboard box * *big fish , little fish ,cardboard box * *stacking shelves , stacking shelves * *big fish , little fish ,cardboard box * *big fish , little fish ,cardboard box *

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.