If you want to distinguish yourself as a master EMS educator, please

consider taking the NEMSEC exam. There are currently over 150

Nationally Certified EMS Educators nationwide. For additional

information, please visit: http://www.nemsec.org/ NEMSEC is also on

Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

Thank you!

Julie Chase, B.S. NREMT-P NCEE FP-C

Why?

Why not advocate for EMS educators to be, well, educated as educators before we start looking for yet another questionably beneficial certification?

I think part of the problem with EMS educators nationwide is that so few of them are actual educators. Most of them, probably the vast majority of them, are little more than people who've been doing the job for a while with little to no formal training as an educator.

PMike, I agree with you but also state you may be a little to critical. I am one of those educators (Master Degree in Education) who instruct Paramedic classes. But there are also many non-educators that are very good in the education of students. All EMS educators, in my opinion, should go thru the NAEMSE Instructor course as a minimum. Another belief is that if you instruct, you should also work in the business also (me, still working part-time at least 36 hours a pay period while educating full time).

Why?

Why not advocate for EMS educators to be, well, educated as educators before we start looking for yet another questionably beneficial certification?

I think part of the problem with EMS educators nationwide is that so few of them are actual educators. Most of them, probably the vast majority of them, are little more than people who've been doing the job for a while with little to no formal training as an educator.

Why?

I think that's a great idea! At this point, it's unrealistic for our profession. We have to start somewhere, and this is one way to demonstrate competence as a SME and an adult educator.

I think that's a great idea! At this point, it's unrealistic for our profession. We have to start somewhere, and this is one way to demonstrate competence as a SME and an adult educator.

It's unrealistic because people like you and the organization you're representing make it unrealistic. If, perhaps, you focused on promoting education for EMS educators instead of pumping your own questionable certification exam it would be more realistic.