A Product for Bad Smells?

crees1234

I've never heard of what Happiness commented on, the association of the smell of the Vicks Vaporub on one's child as the "smell of death", but it does make sense.

With all the Decomp DOAs I've had over my career, I may have said something equivelant to "bleah" on entering the living quarters, but after a few minutes, I didn't seem to notice it anymore.

Of course, I made a point of running the exhaust fan on full power during transport, with a window, if the ambulance had one, open, no matter what the weather. This would be followed by keeping the patient compartment doors open for as long as dispatch wasn't calling to request us back into service.

(By the way, I have an olfactory hallucination of fresh Pizza when I hear the Supremes doing "Reflections", as the first time I heard it was in a Pizzaria.)

Vicks in your nose works, but I could never find it when i needed it. Wearing your hepa mask will help some, a strong cough drop (extra strength) also can help. Any rub/salve/ointment that can be put in nostrils or right under nostrils is helpful.

True - I always carry Fisherman`s Friends, and they really help with bad smells. Though, to be true, I don`t carry them for that purpose, but `cause I`m addicted to them... :bonk:

Also, just stay in the vincinity of the smell for about five minutes, then the smell adaption kicks in and you don`t really care for it anymore - but if you go out of the room or some metres away and then back in the "smell zone", you`ll start from the beginning again. :shifty:

• 3 weeks later...

I keep cinnamon flavored gun and chewing it usually distracts from smells. Only one situation that didn't work and I used Vicks. Old guy laying in the contents of his colostemy bag for at least three days in the TX summer with the HEATER on! It was horribly rank.

Stick ear plugs w/ the lil rubbery string in your nose, and wear a mask. Tell the patient, if you don't want to embarrass them, that you have a cold. (The plugs in your nares will make it sound like your nose is "plugged" up.

• 4 weeks later...

On the realluy bad smells i would use vicks on my upper lip and if it gets in the uniform there is a new product out called monofoil that will protect you fromgerms and bad odor staying in your clothes and the unit. and if any wants to know more about monofoil send me a message via facebook and ill send what I have and how you can order it

On the realluy bad smells i would use vicks on my upper lip and if it gets in the uniform there is a new product out called monofoil that will protect you fromgerms and bad odor staying in your clothes and the unit. and if any wants to know more about monofoil send me a message via facebook and ill send what I have and how you can order it

Does it work for herpes too?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.