Hurricane Irene Response

Medic2588

Things are definitely heating up in the northeast. How's the rest of the eastern seaboard making out?

New York has received 175 ambulances through the FEMA National Ambulance Contract.

New Jersey is getting 150 through EMAC (50 from PA and 100 from WV).

How about the rest of the states?

And did RichardB get washed away yet?

We fared pretty well here in Pawleys Island SC. We got lucky this time. I do have a lot of friends in NC and they have been w/o power since last night. I have a daughter @ MCAS Cherry Point and they just got hit. Lots of wind and rain and prepared for the flooding which is bound to come in a few days.

Good luck to you guys in the north. Irene sho' ain't pretty.

As far as I am aware, UNYAN has not been activated yet. But I am sure that they have been in contact with my boss. We went to Louisiana and Texas, not sure if we will go to NC or NYC yet. I'm sure I will get the text page for the 2 hour activation if the phone call is made. Please be smart and stay safe!

My home communities of the Rockaways were ordered manditory evac, must be out by 5 PM today. Me, Momma B, Lady J and her brother are currently encamped at my aunt's house near the 1964-65 Worlds Fair Grounds, left yesterday late afternoon.

That is exactly what came to mind when I heard the storm's name.. So, I came home from CD watch, and I'm gonna pop that in the DVD player!

The deal behind PA's fifty ambulances was they could have them Friday, into today, only to evacuate hospitals and nursing homes. Of course, that all depends on who they're using. But I assume it was all STRIKE Team member crews. PEMA/Bureau of EMS agreed that they should be back in the Commonwealth by this afternoon, in case they're needed in PA. They're staging at the Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg.

I listened to the storm briefing on the PEMA Teleconference with local EMA and EMC's.

We were forecast for up to 1/4" on Saturday and "around 1 to 2" for today. By 10am, we had EIGHT INCHES of rain, total disaster zone, our coverage is split in half, because of so much road damage; and the main link lost a bridge.

The winds were supposed to be 10-20mph. We were recording like 30-38mph sustained winds with a Kestrel; and gusts around 60. Had 27 calls from 3am-1pm.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.