EMT in California

CAemt

Can someone tell me the best way to get a job in the central valley as an EMT I have been trying for almost two years now. I know that I'm new to the ems world but I'm a hard worker and fast learner. I have always been interested in working in the ems field but I have appled to all of the company's in the area and nothing. If any one has any suggestions I would really Appreciate it.

Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble getting a job. It's tough nowadays. The only advice I can give you is to find out what are all the ambulance companies operating in the counties near you, and to then apply for them all. You will need to keep re-applying as well. It may help you if you hand delivered your resumes.

Although it's tough getting a job, the good news is that there is a lot of turnover in EMS, especially with EMT jobs. Good luck!

I have heard that EMT's have had good fortune applying for patient transport positions. It's not 911 but it might get your foot in the door.

Welcome to the forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. I know how you feel, I had a bit of trouble finding companies that were hiring as well. As was said, try hand delivering your resume and applications. You can always email the HR manager for the company you are applying for or call them to check up on your application. Always resumbit your apps as well. I did that like every 3 months or so. What county are you looking at? I'm in CA as well, but the Central Valley is a little vague...any county you are looking at in particular? I have made some pretty good connections with EMS providers through out CA and might be able to help point you in the right direction to companies that are actively hiring and how best to contact their HR dept...no promises, but I would be willing to see what I can do.

Good luck!

Man I could not imagine trying to get a job as an EMT for two years! I don't understand why it is so hard to land a job down in the US as a EMT? Is it because there are so many EMT basics looking for work down there?

Don't give up as your turn will come!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.