This happened to me last night

sorry, I thought you meant the call happened to you as a medic, I would never have implied those diagnosis if I knew you were the patient. I apologize.

Dude, no offense taken at all. I knew what you were actually thinking.

And Bernhard you are correct.

Why this particular diagnosis? It could have been any type of vaso-vagal syncope. Actually my first thought it was postural syncope. I don't understand why your doctor is making that particular diagnosis. Or did he just suggest it as a possible cause?

Why this particular diagnosis? It could have been any type of vaso-vagal syncope. Actually my first thought it was postural syncope. I don't understand why your doctor is making that particular diagnosis. Or did he just suggest it as a possible cause?

I don't know why she said it was this, but this comes from a highly respected endocrinologist who said that Diabetics seem to have a tendency for this syndrome.

She asked me a lot of more indepth questions which I won't get into here, but her questioning was pretty thorough but just in case, next friday I get my cardiac stress test, maybe an echo and lots and lots of labs. Thank goodness for my family reaching our maximum out of pocket deductible already this year. Everything medical except for co-pays are paid for in full with nothing out of my pocket. That means that my wifes delivery will be FREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Island emt seems to be the winner here. But since I did not get to the hospital that night I won't know if it's truly the right answer but all the symptoms fit. Even my diabetic doctor this morning said that was probably what it was.

Now, who can guess the syndrome?

Winner gets the Obtuse diagnosis award for the day.

Pee'd standing up.

Because of this incident and my wife's insistence on my calling my doc, as well as ERDoc's recomendation, I will be getting a cardiac stress test, EKG and blood work next week. YAY!!!!!!!!!

I have seen this several times over the years. Most were in middle aged overweight males with diabetes. One was a good friend that it happened several times to. He had all kinds of lab work , stress test, and put on a holter monitor for two weeks to see what might be the underlying causation.

never did discover any physiological reason.

While your having all the lab work done , have them check metformin levels.

Google metformin toxicity.

I have seen this several times over the years. Most were in middle aged overweight males with diabetes. One was a good friend that it happened several times to. He had all kinds of lab work , stress test, and put on a holter monitor for two weeks to see what might be the underlying causation.

never did discover any physiological reason.

While your having all the lab work done , have them check metformin levels.

Google metformin toxicity.

I know all about metformin toxicity. Been there done that. My doctor checks it every time I get my labs drawn which is every 3 months.

I fit the profile also.

I thought vaso-vagal syncope usually was incurred on defication, not urination? Admitting never had, knowingly, any vaso-vagal syncope patients, although the common "ol' paramedic's story" is most cardiac calls between 4 and 9 AM are found in the bathroom...

Ace the tests, pal!