First Responder Motorcycles

That's really not so special. I'm only rather angry when someone states having found something "completely new" and the "ultimate solution" or something like that in the world of EMS, ,

I have the ultimate solution, As soon as the tricorder comes out, put a medic on every corner, it sure seems like we have a glut of medics and emt's out there. Put them on every corner, give em a skateboard and they can use the tricorder to evaluate, treat, diagnose and prescribe. If the tricorder says to transport, they use their transponder to request transport to the nearest medical center that the Tricorder determines that the patient should go. The doctors (holographic ones like the one in Deep space 9 or whatever) can do the rest. After the patient is seen they are either repaired/healed using the small device Dr. McCoy used to administer all his shots or they go into the sick bay and their treatment runs its course.

If it's determined they need transport to a convalescent center they are beamed to a waiting shipulance and it sends them directly to the center of the doctors choosing.

that's how it should work.

It's coming soon, I'll be dead before that soon comes but it's coming.

It's coming soon, I'll be dead before that soon comes but it's coming.

Sorry to say - even this is an old concept, already discussed in Bavaria. Really! Ok, the technology was not that nerdy. But the concept of having much more single providers out on the street who first determine if an expensive ambulance transport is really needed was in focus for a while, 10-15 years ago or so. Target was to reduce ambulances.

Thankfully after some serious political discussion this went down the drain and they implemented detailed statistically based calculations in bavarian EMS. Resulting in more and/or better placed ambulances. Common sense won... :)

Sorry to say - even this is an old concept, already discussed in Bavaria. Really! Ok, the technology was not that nerdy. But the concept of having much more single providers out on the street who first determine if an expensive ambulance transport is really needed was in focus for a while, 10-15 years ago or so. Target was to reduce ambulances.

Thankfully after some serious political discussion this went down the drain and they implemented detailed statistically based calculations in bavarian EMS. Resulting in more and/or better placed ambulances. Common sense won... :)

You mean they have tricorders and transporters in Bavaria???

You mean they have tricorders and transporters in Bavaria???

Sure - you don't? A Tricorder App lives on my Palm III since a decade before the word "App" was even introduced.

And concerning transporters I'm not so sure (even having developed systems for public transport companies), but I remember some instances, I suddenly was in one place and did not know how it came. Technology seems to need revision, though, because I always have had severe head aches after such appearances.

Or: just try to read the statement about "not so nerdy". The concept itself was what they discussed. OK, even without the skateboards (but see my previous pointer to the medic-skaters on roller blades)... :)

....ooOO( I wonder if they had got the idea through when they would have brought skateboards into discussion )

• 2 years later...

We are starting a Motorcycle Medic Program here in the states for our department and will be on the Moto Guzzi Norge Police Edition. We are interested in using the same style coat as the UK/London EMS HI-VIS Motorcycle Paramedics.

What is the brand/Manufacturer of the coat?
What is the model #?
What is the brand/manufacturer of the pants you are using...they seem to be leather?
Any pros/Cons to the coat?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.