First Responder Motorcycles

It would be nice to get Paramedic spelt properly in the link .. ask LS about "donor" cycles .. its not the driver most cases its the other drivers.

How does one transport a patient after a response ..on the back ?

Yeah man, we have folks that promote their stuff in here without buying ads sometimes, but they at least try and participate so that they contribute to the site. So far your posts are just spam...

• Like 1

We have Intensive Care Paramedics on the Motorcycle Response Unit here and in Australia, I also believe they are used in parts of Asia e.g. JP and HKG

In London you also have Paramedics on motorcycles.

In London you also have Paramedics on motorcycles.

London and Heathrow also have pedal cycle responders as does York ( and as did Leeds and Sheffield until recently)

West Mids also have bikes in Birmingham and IIRC GWAS have them in Devon and Cornwall , various other services have tried them at various times and often the risk / benefit analysis doesn't pay off especially if weather restricts the operational days in the winter...

Every couple of years, "Motorcycle Medics" seems to come forward as a "new" idea. As indicated in the string, some areas have been using them for years, as "routine" part of call responses. Other areas use them for Special Events.

I know a few agencies use bicycles, but, again, specifically for Special Event coverage. Because one member of a department has his own horse, he actually responds to incidents at the special events on his equine!

There's an ALS "Special Events/Non Transport" group near me, uses "Segway" units, which is by special permission, as Segways are illegal within NYC.

Back to the bicycles: The groups I know of that use them, are members of the national group of LEOs who use bicycles for regular patrol, as not to be so obvious when approaching the "bad guys" plying their trade, so to speak.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.