Volunteer EMT from NewYork

fireemsworld1

Hello All. Glad to have found this site. I'm a new EMT from Long Island, NY. I've been in Volunteer EMS for almost 2 years now, but just got my card in July. So I'm as green as could be. I look forward to a wealth of information from all of you.

I do work on a website (*******) which came about to support needy families of local volunteers. A portion of any proceeds earned go back to the volunteer community. Take a look if you like as it has EMS news, jokes, comics, videos, ect.

Again - I look forward to being a part of this site. Thanks for the warm welcome.

hello fellow LIer!! welcome to the wonderful world of being a vollie on LI!! I've been in this business for 12 years....any questions/need info/have concerns....just ask!

Welcome from a former volley and Suffolk resident. Out of curiosity, what are the first 3 digits of you EMT number (feel free not to answer if you are not comfortable)? I was just wondering what number the state was up to these days. Also, if you don't mind me asking, which part of LI are you from?

Edited by ERDoc

Welcome from a former volley and Suffolk resident. Out of curiosity, what are the first 3 digits of you EMT number (feel free not to answer if you are not comfortable)? I was just wondering what number the state was up to these days. Also, if you don't mind me asking, which part of LI are you from?

we had some kids get their cards recently in my FD and their cards started with 38.....as in 380000.....mine starts with a 26 and ive been a tech for 12 years....what's your start with Doc?

Repeating the question, what community or department on Long island?

My 6 digit EMT number starts 021***.

While I'm on this string, let me say I started my almost 38 year career with 26 years on a community based Volunteer Ambulance Corps, overlapping 10 years private (non 9-1-1) Inter-Facility Transfer ambulance service, and 25 years Municipal 9-1-1 Service.

Welcome Aboard the EMT City!

(Please forgive any misspellings, as my spellcheck is down.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.