Remote Medicine with a View

I came across this while reading news article about a record breaking rescue ...

http://www.edmontonj...8966/story.html

LOL in the vid no spine board was used ... due to terrian .. no shit batman, and puts a new spin on giving report on the FLY !

Ah the good old days, I sure miss em.

Edited by tniuqs

10 months of winter and 2 months of "poor" skiing ... but hey come on up lots to do lots to see in the National Parks.

That video is so cool. I'm stealing it.

I believe you can use the body vacuum mattress in place of the spine board. It's also more comfortable for patients when you're moving them by 6x6 RTV; or carrying with an Anderson Wheel in operation. Though, kinda big to pack in.

Well you go for it 2c4 ... my tax dollars paid for it and I am not bitching about it in the slightest, good work that would have been a bitch to lower by winch to scree slope on the approach and a ton of manpower without a fling wing long line system, btw its part of National Parks mandate to provide Public safety / Rescues at no cost .. provided its not negligent or criminal behaviour that incurs a rescue.

Just imho and have been that goat on a ledge on broken limestone .. its more of a hazard to even try to roll onto anything other than a genie bag .. most of my limited experience was in a crevasse's and impossible to do much of any anything spinal other than C collar, then again most were body recovery's and frozen like peepsicles. (most are prior to this SPOT GPS identifier came on the market, very good insurance. I use an EPIRB on the ocean, but not a lot of remote back county any more these days. :mad:

http://www.rocknrescue.com/acatalog/Russ-Anderson-Litter-Wheel-With-Frame.html

It has a big turn screw in the center, and attaches to the rescue basket. IMO, it's a pain in the posterior. Because then you're lifting the patient and the wheel. The basket is light as a feather, as far as rescue baskets go anyway. Then there is the deal of carrying it in, it ain't light. 30lbs may not be heavy where you stand, but carrying it for several hours isn't a task anyone wants. It may seem the smart thing to put all your shit in the basket, and walk it in attached. No, slow going, it's slow going with a patient. Everything that goes in, except the basket, is in backpack form. Ropes, rigging, haul systems, medical stuff; all in nifty bags to ease access and necessitate quick storage, when you have to set up, haul, tear down and move to the next location.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.