Two things, the first is, we need some context...

Crap Dwayne.....this means I have to do something today........Blah..........lol

• Like 1

Firstly what's "job status" employed, non employed, air, ground, rural, urban, suburban, turban, remote, sandbox ???

We have many countries in here, varied levels of education / training should we be talking down to "I am just an EMT" (I hate that personally) ... I think not, posts should be judged on merit.

For example the "Country" of British Columbia where everyone is a called "Paramedic" even the P1 P2 P3 ?

Then OZ and who the hell knows what that's called, well besides tossers.

Then the Germans a rechesstalage ? WTF over, it sure sounds that these guys are advanced practioners no doubt in my mind.

Even this AAS title used on your tagline Dwayne and for the life or goggle of me I have no idea what it means.

Shouldn't the context / content of the post be judged on that alone ? We have so many "variations" of titles is not realistic in my view, so I will remain a lazy band aid, if I put all my crap letters up any anonymity would be lost.

cheers

Yeah, job status is employed, or not, fire private, volly.

There is just so much time spent arguing over silly shit when a little context would seem to go a long way.

When a Basic asks why sugar levels change in an arrest then I have a decent idea what kind of information s/he may be looking for. A medic is likely to be looking in a different direction.

You seem to feel that I'm looking for a dick measuring contest, and nothing could be further from the truth. It's meant to allow newer members, or any members I guess, to be able to identify with the experience and knowledge of others, or those without to be more easily identified and helped by those that do.

I'm thinking that you didn't Google very hard, as it's not difficult to see that an AAS is Associated of Applied Science degree. It's nothing huge, but perhaps it will draw the interest of those that are considering going to a medic mill..it's what happened to me.

I guess this is much more complicated than I expected. In my head it seemed pretty simple. A few words to describe to those that don't know us what our perspective is...

Of course, you Squint with your super secret macho shit, I can see why you need anonymity. Me personally, I'm just an ol' medic and have no desire to hide from the opinions that I post here or elsewhere...

Dwayne

Of course, you Squint with your super secret macho shit, I can see why you need anonymity. Me personally, I'm just an ol' medic and have no desire to hide from the opinions that I post here or elsewhere...

SecretSquirrel.jpg

* Edited to add quote and image

Associate of Applied Science. It is a very common occupational education degree in the United States (RN, RRT, Paramedic and so on).

Regarding my credentials:

The way I look at it is that I am willing to discuss most of the topics with as little or as much detail as needed or encountered. Therefore, it does not matter to me because I believe I am fairly adapt at discussing subjects with laypeople up to physicians. I would not want somebody to hold back or attempt to distill information based on their interpretation of my credential, education, experience or intelligence. In fact, I would rather somebody discuss topics without any pre-conceived notion of my education or intelligence. "Raw" and dynamic dialogue without such barriers often leads to some of the best discussion IMHO.

Take care,

chbare.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.