UGH the pain read inside :)

Mario1105

well this is might be the weirdest place for the first post i'm currently sitting in my hospital room/bed with a massive headache which me and my doctor seem to think is a cluster headache I've been here since Monday sad.gif and all my symptoms seem to add up pain on 1 side of the head affected side eye feeling like its going to pop out burning pain in my head swelling in the area of the headaches so anyways there giving me 4mg of dilordan every 4hrs and waiting for the neurologist to show up and i'm itchy as hell my nurse just gave me benadryl so if you post to me and i don't answer I'm more then likely pass out (25mg of benadryl) they think the itch is from an adverse reaction anyways feel free to respond back t (also note i pointed all this out to the doctor before thy figured it out but seems me and the doc are on the same page.. please feel free to respond back

posted this on another website and dont feel like changing it

to a non new member type post

Edited by Mario1105
  • Like 1

Ok I will bite what is dilordan is that spelt correctly because Google can't locate it.

25 mgs of benadyl is not going to knock you out ... just dozzy is all.

I get migraines so I can sympathize. Last time I was in the ER with a bad migraine they gave me Benadryl IV 50mg, Compazine for the nausea and some pain meds I can't remember the name of. Slept for quite a while after that cocktail! I hope you feel better real soon. Maybe he was referring to Dilaudid?

Edited by FireMedicChick164

I get migraines so I can sympathize. Last time I was in the ER with a bad migraine they gave me Benadryl IV 50mg, Compazine for the nausea and some pain meds I can't remember the name of. Slept for quite a while after that cocktail! I hope you feel better real soon. Maybe he was referring to Dilaudid?

Were you able to text your friends from your hospital bed while you had that migraine? Just curious... :-)

Dwayne

Edited for spelling only.

Edited by DwayneEMTP
  • Like 1

I had those for about two weeks, ten years ago come November. Sitting in a meeting after a long, bad call. I got dizzy, came on suddenly, said I was going to puke, did so, and I don't know what happened after that. Took me to the ER, ALS, had a bitch of a time keeping me still to do stuff. No lights, no sounds, holy f**king hell batman. I would have smashed a cell phone. I had a towel wrapped around my head in the ER, two cold packs in it, blocking the light. No benadryl here, they started small with Morphine. Guess how people discover they're allergic to Morphine? When it's a really shitty time to find out you're allergic to Morphine. Haven't had one since. They did a spinal tap to see if I had meningitis, and shortly afterward, it went away.. and I slept for about fifteen hours. No idea what caused it, maybe stress? Dunno

Were you able to text your friends from your hospital bed while you had that migraine? Just curious... :-)

Dwayne

Edited for spelling only.

I was feeling so lousy I actually turned off my phone and left it in the pocket of my coat when they helped me get out of it. Couldn't deal with anything...no noise, no light...ugh horrible. I haven't had one that bad since.

• 1 year later...