Need advice

My math says that is 260 pounds and when shared with a partner...ummm 130 pounds....right?

So if she cant lift 130 pounds, yeh I have issue with that.

Yea, 260 lbs. Duuuhhh.

And absolutely 260/2 should be very reasonable.

Edited by DFIB

I think someone dosnt want the girl in the service. I am very strong and have awsome lifting abilities but to make me lift 260 lbs is unreasonable, is that not a recipe for disaster and sever back injury if it is done wrong.

I once and only once went to a grocery store that the cashiers didnt even put the groceries through the scanner because you would never guess, they might get tendonitis of the wrist and elbow omg, so they just watched us do it all

this is my edit. just read the post again and realized that she was only lifting 130 lbs. Still heavy but my advice is to find someone who weight lifts and get them to show you how to lift properly. Once you have that perfected you should work on the weight. When we did our lifting test it was a 100lbs set of dumbells on the ground, pick them up and go up 10 steps, turn around and go down 10 steps.

Edited by Happiness

I remember a physical test, where we had a time limit to run up 3 stories, grab a "Heavy Harry" Mannequen, of about 125 pounds, and run it back down the stairs, litterally carrying "him" in our arms, solo.

As for the obtaining of an RNs signature, that is the legal documentation that the hospital has "taken over" the patient's care, even if the patient is still on the ambulance stretcher. If no signature, claim can be made against the crew for "Patient Abandonment".

( I almost said "the hospital has 'assumed' the patient's care", and we all know about THAT word!)

Plus, they don't tend to like hot chicks much, but in my experience, most women don't... :-)

Dwayne

Hey I love hot chicks. They are a hoot to hang with, and not only because its so much fun to watch all the guys turn into such idiots...

We sometimes give over to a nurse too, especially in rural hospitals where there`s no full-time attending ER Doc, but in most cases (and always with the unstable pt.) we present the case to the physician.

Here, most docs don't want to deal with the undereducated whackers that constitute EMS and would rather get the info filtered through somebody with the educational background that enables them to speak a common language.

OK guys, let me clarify. The company I work for now required a 175 dead weight lift. They started it at 75 pounds and added weight in increments of 25. I passed that fine. I load 300 pound patients into the ambulance on a daily basis. All of us do, it's the age of the bariatric PT.

So if she cant lift 130 pounds, yeh I have issue with that.

I also have a problem with people who can't (or won't) lift their share of the weight. I workout regularly at an MMA gym doing kickboxing and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu to stay in shape. This company I failed the test with is putting a 210-220 pound dummy on a long backboard which everyone of us lifted fine. Then they are throwing two sandbags high up on the chest of the dummy that they claim are 25 pounds each. Because the bags are under the chin of the dummy...the weight is no longer evenly distributed. Its all at the head. And by the way, if you are lifting at the head end of a backboard, you are lifting 2/3 of the weight, not half. So that's about 150 plus their adding what I'm guessing is closer to 60-70 pounds with the sandbags. That's about 210 that your actually lifting. I was close but I didn't have enough strength in my legs to get to a standing position. So I need to build my leg and core muscle enough to lift the weight in 5 weeks without injuring myself in the process. That's the advice I need. I'm thinking dead lifts and squats but not sure what weight to start with and how quickly I can increase it without injuring muscle.

At this point...with my alpha personality...I'm going to pass this test whether I decide to work there or not. :showoff:

Thanks for the clarification, AK.

As to the sign off - don`t need to do it here either, we need to present the patient orally to the Doc.

I think it's so interesting how different EMS is from one place to another.

We sometimes give over to a nurse too, especially in rural hospitals where there`s no full-time attending ER Doc, but in most cases (and always with the unstable pt.) we present the case to the physician.

It would be a miracle to get the attention of an ER doc long enough to give report where I live...lol

Try cleavage, works every time !!!

So use ones sexuality to get a job or have someone lift for you .. well get off my truck !

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.