Breaking into houses

Not to argue but will you have the same issue with the provider who goes by the same logic as yours and the patient is your own child? Or your parent or husband?.

Ok not to sure which part you are refering to so I will answer both. The nurse did go to the RCMP and they also refused to kick in the door, he was able to tell people he didnt want them in his home.

I think the second one is self explanitory myself but scene safety tells me not to go in and become another victim needing help.

Ok not to sure which part you are refering to so I will answer both. The nurse did go to the RCMP and they also refused to kick in the door, he was able to tell people he didnt want them in his home.

I think the second one is self explanitory myself but scene safety tells me not to go in and become another victim needing help.

I was asking if you would be ok with an EMS provider not going in your house in plain view of your son or daughter on the floor not moving. Would you be OK with that if they followed your logic?

Would you be ok if it was your spouse or significant other?

I take scene safety seriously but breaking down a door to get to a patient that you visibly see, as long as you take precautions for your safety would preclude you from refusing to go inside right?

I can understand that if you and your partner are by your self but if you had the resources would you still refuse to go in?

Don't think I'm busting your chops or anything, I'm just trying to figure out your thought process on this one. I respect your decisions on scene, tremendously, but I'm just trying to figure it out.

I was asking if you would be ok with an EMS provider not going in your house in plain view of your son or daughter on the floor not moving. Would you be OK with that if they followed your logic? Yes it would be ok if they refused because I would not expect anyone to go into a house that could potentually harm others. Now with that being said if I was a person from the public without having the knowlege of scene safety I would most likely not understand why someone would not go into a house where there is someone in distress. So there is a different level of scene understanding, First responders and the Public.

Would you be ok if it was your spouse or significant other? Again the above

I take scene safety seriously but breaking down a door to get to a patient that you visibly see, as long as you take precautions for your safety would preclude you from refusing to go inside right? Well I would have to have a BA and I dont thats where the fire comes in. If they say its okay then I go in. Here is an example sort of. Get to a scene, older lady hits pole and lines are down. 2 crew members from another station are inside the car holding c-spine and calling for us to bring the spine board. My partner and I asked them "did Hydro come and make sure the power is NOT going to back track or recharge?" "Nope havent seen them" "well then I guess I will be there once they show up" Now if hydro had been there when I arrived off i would have gone when they said it was safe. Once I was called to one of the apartments for an unknown (was called in by a 3rd party). Showed up, no answer when I knocked and identified myself. I looked in the windows (it was on the bottom floor) and didnt see anything. Called dispatch they then called the 3rd party who was the manager and he let us in. Went into the bedroom and just had a funny feeling as this person was fully dressed ready to go laying on the bed. I asked if anyone else was in the apartment "No", I heard a sound and opened up the closet, whala a man was standing in the closet, scared the crap out of me, Now what if the guy had a gun....just saying.

I can understand that if you and your partner are by your self but if you had the resources would you still refuse to go in?

No if my scene is safe im in.

Don't think I'm busting your chops or anything, I'm just trying to figure out your thought process on this one. I respect your decisions on scene, tremendously, but I'm just trying to figure it out. No offence taken thats how we get to know one another right Ruff.

If I know the patient is there and needs immediate help I go get 'em. Don't care about the door, window, pet or even the potted plant. It is always good to have LE and FF on scene, LE to watch and shoot the dog and FF to do bust the door and break the plant.

Going solo is risky but probably cleaner.

Edited for spelling

Edited by DFIB