Would You Work Without Pay? What Would You Do?

NYCEMS9115

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2011/08/03/us/03faa.xml

FAA is asking workers to work w/o pay. Have you been in this situation? If so, what did you do?

I was in a similar situation several years ago. I worked and stuck it through. My Employees needed someone there to get them through the tough times...

No I wouldn't/couldn't. While helping out during a tough time is admirable, I don't think my creditors would be as understanding. But hey, if I hold a vote and raise my debt limit, I might be able to stand it for a little while.

I think they actually have the Gov't by the balls. If they just said "fuck it" and didn't show up, the country would come to a stand still and they would have to be paid. It is not prudent to ask people to work for nothing, AND (Gasp!) charge their work related expenses to their own credit cards? I realize this isn't an unheard of practice, but where is the guarantee said expenses are going to be reimbursed and when? I mean, if they can't pay me, how are they going to reimburse me?

It is a tangled web we weave.

Edited by JakeEMTP

Congress disgusts me right about now. What a group of babies.

This funding of the FAA could have been voted on and passed in minutes yet they are too busy scrambling off to their vacations that they couldn't care less about those they furloughed. I'll bet that if congress didn't get paid that they wouldn't leave on vacation till their pay was set up.

Did anyone hear Harry Reid complain about how he hadn't seen his pomegranite trees in months, but he was told they were in bloom though.

This is one more aspect of the congressmembers that proves that they don't have the interests of the people at heart.

I'm done.

• Like 1

Would be a good noble gester to work without pay but with the way things are in the ecomony today most people have to work more than one job to just make ends meet. I am with Ruff on the government thing they just make me want to spit.... i think they should go without THEIR pay for a month to help bail out america' :whistle:

• Like 1

Congress disgusts me right about now. What a group of babies.

This funding of the FAA could have been voted on and passed in minutes yet they are too busy scrambling off to their vacations that they couldn't care less about those they furloughed. I'll bet that if congress didn't get paid that they wouldn't leave on vacation till their pay was set up.

Did anyone hear Harry Reid complain about how he hadn't seen his pomegranite trees in months, but he was told they were in bloom though.

This is one more aspect of the congressmembers that proves that they don't have the interests of the people at heart.

I'm done.

What if there were no FAA inspectors? Those douches in Washington wouldn't be able to fly anywhere. They might have to stay in Washington and do their freaking job!

Edited by JakeEMTP

The link won't work for me.

From other articles I read, I got the impression this affects people in the FAA who work on the construction/funding side?

I don't know.... I wouldn't be against putting all non-safety goverment employees (at all levels) on a 5 day furlough. It would be a quick and dirty way to find out where you can cut the fat from the budget. Who was missed and who wasn't? Payroll makes up something like 70% of all government budgets.