Chinese products

Happiness

Well my american cuz sent this to me and thought I would post it. A very interesting idea and it may make people realize how dependent us in North america are on the imports from China.

AUGUST 1st to September 1st

Well over 50 yrs ago I knew a lady who would not buy Christmas gifts if they were made in China. Her daughter will recognize her in the following.

Did y'all see Diane Sawyer's special report? They removed ALL items from a typical, middle class family's home that were not made in the USA .

There was hardly anything left besides the kitchen sink. Literally. During the special they showed truckloads of items - USA made - being brought in to replace everything and talked about how to find these items and the difference in price etc..

It was interesting that Diane said if every American spent just $64 more than normal on USA made items this year, it would create something like

200,000 new jobs!

I WAS BUYING FOOD THE OTHER DAY AT WALMART and ON THE LABEL OF SOME PRODUCTS IT SAID 'FROM CHINA '

FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF THE MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN 'FROM CHINA '

I WAS SHOCKED SO FOR A FEW MORE CENTS I BOUGHT THE LIBERTY GOLD BRAND OR THE DOLE SINCE IT'S FROM CALIF.

Are we Americans as dumb as we appear --- or --- is it that we just do not think. The Chinese, knowingly and intentionally, export inferior and even toxic products and dangerous toys and goods to be sold in American markets.

70% of Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended.

Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges? DO IT YOURSELF, AMERICA !!

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong ), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

Who needs plastic eggs to celebrate Easter? If you must have eggs, use real ones and benefit some American farmer. Easter is just an example. The point is do not wait for the government to act. Just go ahead and assume control on your own.

THINK ABOUT THIS: If 200 million Americans each refuse to buy just $20 of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor...fast!!

Most of the people who have been reading about this matter are planning on implementing this on Aug. 1st and continue it until Sept. 1st. That is only one month of trading losses, but it will hit the Chinese for 1/12th of the total, or 8%, of their American exports. Then they might have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness were worth it.

Remember, August 1st to Sept. 1st !!!!!! START NOW.

Send this to everybody you know. Let's show them that we are Americans and NOBODY can take us for granted.

If we can't live without cheap Chinese goods for one month out of our lives, WE DESERVE WHAT WE GET!

Pass it on, America ...

Well instead of doing it for just 1 month why not try to do it all the time.

Americans will not collectively buy anything more expensive regardless of where it's made at.

If you have widget 1 for 39 cents

And widget 2 for 1.30

they both do the same thing, they both have the same function. Which one are you going to buy?

I'm gonna buy the 39 cent one. Hands down.

The only thing I'll buy more expensive is electronics but that guarantees I'll be buying chinese products.

to get rid of everything made in china is a unrealistic goal. I'll bet that 97% of all the items in your house have at least one component made from China. My numbers are strictly arbitrary though.

I took stock and looked at what I had on my desk

Dell laptop - parts from china

Asus monitor - parts from china

Dell keyboard - made in china

Dell optiplex 320 - made in china (nearly completely made in china)

Bayer Contour glucose meter - made in japan

Samsung Galaxy S phone - made in Korea

Samsung cell phone battery charger - made in Korea

Computer desk - made in USA

Sylvania fan - made in china

ExtremeMac battery charger - made in china

Belkin powerstrip - made in china

envelopes and pens - made in china

energizer batteries - made in USA

My colleague John Elliott - made in America

ME - Michael Ruff - made in america

That's everything on my desk or near it. 8 items made in China. 5 items made somewhere else. Two humans made in USA

Truly sad. If 1 or two of the above items made in china were made in the USA - then we'd have less of a trade deficit.

But like I said, no one(collectively) will buy something more expensive over something less expensive with the same form and function.

Hate to say it but it will never happen :thumbsdown:

Until we tariff the crap out of our imports we will continue to have them inudate us. I work in the import and export business and my container field is, as of today 8/3 @ 0643 EDT, 15365 exports vs 34446 imports. Almost 2 to 1. Do you know it is cheaper for a company to send raw steel to China and have a chassis made and shipped back then to have a US factory make it?

Our biggest problem is we are a cheap society, if we can have something for cheap we buy it, quality matters but price is trump. Back when "Made In The U.S.A " ment something we had both quality and a decent price. Fine you have to pay union wages and such thus driving up cost a tad but dont you think if you would be willing to shell out a few dollars more alot of our problems (economy, jobs, ect) wouldn't be?

Take a look some years back when we decided to start importing steel rather then making it right in our own back yards. Over night practically entire TOWNS disappeared, how many American lives were destroyed as a result? Textiles were a HUGE industry here in the US but we decided to start importing due to lower cost of labor thus HIGHER PROFIT MARGINS and destroyed things yet again.

I realize I went on a rant and I appologize. Being an "insider" I see the true costs and it makes me sick. Will I pay more for a Made In The USA brand? Abosofuckinlutely. I do check labels and if I can I will do my best to by from the states. Yes i understand that alot is not made here thus I do have to purchase an import but if I can I will buy American.

Oh before I forget, if you don't think imports harm anyone and I am just being a synical bastard... In 1961 the People's Republic of China established a state-run maritime shipping company and subsequently signed shipping agreements with many countries, laying the foundation for developing the country's ocean transport. That organization developed into the present-day China Ocean Shipping (Group) Company (COSCO). Oh but wait there is more..... they have a second company, state run again, under a different name China Shipping, The company has grown rapidly: it is now the eighth largest container shipping company having recently acquired a minority interest in Asia Pacific Marine Container Lines of Canada. So all your nice imports actual fund the government of China thus funding their military-industrial complex and their government itself.

That organization developed into the present-day China Ocean Shipping (Group) Company (COSCO).

I see their freighters anchored off Gravesend Bay in Lower New York Harbor, south of the Verrizano Bridge, most of the time. Now I know who they are.