Free and Discounted Meals

Sort of ?

The answer is because it's advantageous to have uniformed first responders in your restaurant.

So just where did you read that ?

The learning slope can be rather steep SD, thing is I am still observing rationalizing, you should have responded to Dwayne's comment(s) in my books.

cheers

Edited by tniuqs

The only time I EVER said anything about a discount was when I was having breakfast at McDonalds with a cop friend of mine. We were both on duty and in uniform.

He ordered a rather large meal, while I just wanted a sausage biscuit and some tea. The cashier told him that police eat free and said mine would be $2.14.

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything and just paid it. I'm not looking for handouts. Instead I said, "What if I wore a gun too? How much would it be then?" The words were out of my mouth before I knew it.

The manager, who saw everything, said that she thought it was wrong, too. My meal was comped. I thanked them and that was the end of it.

Afterward, I was sorry I said anything. It may have been wrong for them to do that, but the restaurant owner doesn't owe me a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd give ya a pass on that one. Its crappy when they clearly make is obvious they are helping them out, but not you.

I've been riding with officers before and when we ate, it was almost like the message was "Hey, listen, they are better than you, no soup for you." :)

I didn't read the other replies, so im sure this has already been said

SD, ridiculous, childish, moronic thread man. Is this what you do? look for discounts based on your hero status? I guess you deserve it, trail blazing medic that gets results and all? entitled to freebies and you keep a list of where you can get them?

-1 for a stupid thread

-10 on the dustdevil scale for just being a tool.

Edited by BushyFromOz
  • Like 1

The answer is because it's advantageous to have uniformed first responders in your restaurant.

Hm, as a shop owner, I would rather keep the money then feel safe the 10 min two EMS dudes throw down their beefsteaks - in the end, most shops open at 8am and close at 18pm.

I guess it`s more divided between these two reasons:

1. giving credit to you for doing your job (that would be mainly smaller, privately-owned restaurants), but mostly:

2. as i`ve said before - the reason for any other discount is to make sure that people come to your shop and better-even, come again. (that would mostly apply to your big chains).

Edited by Vorenus

Hm, as a shop owner, I would rather keep the money then feel safe the 10 min two EMS dudes throw down their beefsteaks

Can I have a Wiener Schnitzel at discount prices to substituent for beefsteak ?

PLEASE PLEASE looking into flights this minute.

I just can't get enough of that yummy delight !

cheers

Can I have a Wiener Schnitzel at discount prices to substituent for beefsteak ?

PLEASE PLEASE looking into flights this minute.

I just can't get enough of that yummy delight !

cheers

Hmmmmmm, Wiener Schnitzel :thumbsup:

Funny thing, I wanted to right Wiener Schnitzel in the first place, `cause it`s like my favourite food - but I didn`t remember the english translation. So, due to laziness (didn`t want to look it up), I just wrote beefsteak.

How could I have forgotten that WIENER SCHNITZEL means WIENER SCHNITZEL?! :o

Well I can't get a flight discount based on my job description anyway so I have to cancel. ;)

I'm bummed.

Well I can't get a flight discount based on my job description anyway so I have to cancel. ;)

I'm bummed.

Hey did I ever tell you I might be getting a free heli ride to one of the fishing lodges with a fish guide just because Im me.........................................

I'm in the same line as others. In fact, in our orientation /academy during day one..its discussed that you can accept discounts but not ask for them. Its part of the customer service/professionalism lecture I believe.

I'm just happy when they rewarm my meals when we get back from a call...those are the places I will frequent more often. ALso, any place that gives me a discount, I tend to add that same $$ to my waitress tip as a matter of habit. Afterall, they work even harder than we do. :)

I've seen that happen several times. One or two jerks will screw up a good thing for all of us. You don't want that reputation.

Just a heads up. î…

Yup!

At one point in time, members of the Vancouver (Canada) Police Department received 50% off at KFC. One day, a member calls in an order for his daughter's birthday party, orders 3 or 4 buckets of chicken, bunch of coleslaw, etc etc etc. The guy shows up in a Hawaiian shirt and shorts, flashes his badge and asks for his discount. The girl explains that the discount is for people on-duty only so the member said something to the effect of, "well you take your chicken and shove it up you hoho." The next morning, an email went out from the regional manager of KFC stating the 50% off deal was no longer available to VPD members.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.