Which Gift Is better for a new Paramedic?

Wow, a pair of scissors is the best gift you guys can come up with? I'd be more inclined to buy something not ambulance orientated.

Wow, a pair of scissors is the best gift you guys can come up with? I'd be more inclined to buy something not ambulance orientated.

Good point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not? For my graduation, my husband bought me a Vermont Teddy Bear that is dressed like a medic. I love it. My mother bought me a stethoscope. And, I'd have been just as happy with a good penlight, engraved trauma shears or even a nice leatherman. You know, things that I'd use while on duty that continues to remind me of how proud my family just is of me.

Shears and cravats, fun in the bedroom too, use your imagination.

Okay - can't resist in sharing. The first time I used soft restraints on a patient (during school in the ER), I asked how to use them. The RN (male nurse I believe) giggled and said I should take some home to practice. ha ha

I sweetened the gift for him. As long as he sends me his address I can send him something extra to give her. I found a couple of additional books in my storage.

Why not? For my graduation, my husband bought me a Vermont Teddy Bear that is dressed like a medic. I love it. My mother bought me a stethoscope.

Novelty gifts are always a little bit fun so the bear is cool, but everyday working equipment is a bit of a let down IMHO. Why not buy a bedpan for a new nursing grad? :D

• Like 1

Anyone low enough to do that better have the bedpan engraved with the Nurse's name, and the pan gold-plated.

Is that a "guilding the lilly" reference ;)

Ahem. As a member of the female side of the house...I'd rather have a good pair of trauma sheers instead of "coupon for special (ahem) favour". :D

Oh hell...I gotta tell you that the worst 'ahem' favor will ALWAYS be better than the best trauma sheers! You may need to tutor your favor giver?

And you can't get a good set of sheers for $10, can you? So you're looking at a $3 pair of shears in reality. How long did she work on her education? It's kind of like saying, "Awesome job getting your medic cert! Here's a sausage!" (Yeah, so the puns didn't really occur to me until after I'd typed that, and I refuse to take it back now that they have. Just sayin'.)

Chicks and their priorities...no wonder guys get confused...

Gotta warn you brother that a medic with a hot girlfriend that hasn't progressed to a point of being able to give her more than a $10 gift for such a special occasion? Well, he might want to start shopping his next girlfriend...

Dwayne

I do like the trauma shears idea, but do they have to be pink? What is her favorite color? Shears come in great colors.... as my friends know, my favoerite color is red... so I have red shears... which match my red car... and my red purse.... just sayin...

A great pen, or a really good penlight are also good options. Check a home care medical supply store, or a better quality pharmacy - you may find a good sale on something that generally costs more, and stay in your budget.

...Why not? For my graduation, my husband bought me a Vermont Teddy Bear that is dressed like a medic. I love it. My mother bought me a stethoscope. And, I'd have been just as happy with a good penlight, engraved trauma shears or even a nice leatherman. You know, things that I'd use while on duty that continues to remind me of how proud my family just is of me....

Yeah, but you're old and sentimental, and would rather have trauma shears than favor coupons....that's just pathologic. This kid sounds young, and presumably so is his soon to be ex girlfriend...she likely has different priorities... :-)

...Okay - can't resist in sharing. The first time I used soft restraints on a patient (during school in the ER), I asked how to use them. The RN (male nurse I believe) giggled and said I should take some home to practice. ha ha

Yeah....and if you didn't follow that advice you are seriously missing out...or at least that's what my friend told me...

Tell the truth, is there really anyone here that hasn't 'borrowed' some soft restraints to 'practice' with?

Dwayne

...which match my red car... and my red purse.... just sayin...

Oh, you said 'purse'...

Never mind...

Dwayne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.