Air ambulances should carry blood, says B.C. woman

tniuqs

Well, the last BC air ambulance to crash had a female at the stick, so you never know what you are getting these days.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that was great PR for Helijet and BCAS :withstupid:

Really a not a crash just a main rotor line strike, I heard "she" is flying dog shit out of china now. What frankly amazes me that the clowns videoing the incident did not possess the survival skills to RUN AWAY, if it were a tail rotor strike it would have been way different outcome.

DO they still call it a Cockpit or did the have pilots have to change the name,and what just do they call it these days ? :whistle:

cheers

hey Dust, this wouldnt be the accident you were refering to would it?

Nah, that wasn't an accident. It was obviously suicide.

I meant the S76 helo.

Rotor strike on take off? I was just looking for that video. Can't find it.

The BC accents on the bystanders is hilarious.

That is a very rare Lower Mainland "dialect" did you need a translator .... Yall ?

Good god!

Our guys would never land that close to pwerlines :|

I personally realy liked the guys from VIH when they had the contract in BC. Im not real fond of flying EVER but have had the opportunity in flying in both VIH and Helijet. Now imagin this, off you go in a Helijet that is not set up for medical at all (they had just started flying here 2 days before)and you see the pilots tear out seats so you will be able to have a pt on a clam shell fit, then off you go (I saw the islands like Iv never seen before). We get to the fishing lodge and all I see is a small inlet with no where to land, a big lodge and tree's. And then I saw it, we were going to land on a floating square that didnt look big enough. I was very impressed with the pilot as he landed that puppy like a pro and on the way back I was to busy to notice our take off.

When I look at that video I have to wonder why the pilot didn't just go straight up and then in the other direction but who knows what was going through their minds. To their defence these pilots had just started flying for BC ambulance and if that accident was bad was probably just thinking I have to get this person to the hospital fast it is a crappy thing to happen just as they get the contract but what do you do............

Helijet had one completely rehauled in Rupert and it is a hell of alot bigger than the Bell.

And Dustbunny arnt girls suppose to hold the stick :dribble:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.