RAs

So just a couple days after SD's post about RAs I find myself watching the history channel and they're playing a segment on the North Hollywood Shootout. They're playing the radio audio of actual transmissions and I hear an officer scream, "I need an RA! I've been hit!" or something like that. I almost couldn't believe my ears.

theres the audio from one of the calls for an RA. Listen at 1:57

So I go online and start looking up stuff, and it turns out that LAFD has "RAs" too.

http://lafd.org/appa...pport-ambulance

Prior to SD's post, I'd never heard anything about a RA before, yet alone did I know that a large agency like LAFD used them. Interesting find...

Edited by Nerd_Slayer

So just a couple days after SD's post about RAs I find myself watching the history channel and they're playing a segment on the North Hollywood Shootout. They're playing the radio audio of actual transmissions and I hear an officer scream, "I need an RA! I've been hit!" or something like that. I almost couldn't believe my ears.

theres the audio from one of the calls for an RA. Listen at 1:57

So I go online and start looking up stuff, and it turns out that LAFD has "RAs" too.

http://lafd.org/appa...pport-ambulance

Prior to SD's post, I'd never heard anything about a RA before, yet alone did I know that a large agency like LAFD used them. Interesting find...

So maybe he works for LAFD? He hasn't answered that question even though I've asked at least two times for the answer.

So maybe he works for LAFD? He hasn't answered that question even though I've asked at least two times for the answer.

He talks about RA's, and yet refers to his ambulance as a Bus (NYC terminology)......

I'm begining to wonder if he's not watching too many of the 'whacker shows' (Trauma, Third Watch, Rescue Me......)

He talks about RA's, and yet refers to his ambulance as a Bus (NYC terminology)......

I'm begining to wonder if he's not watching too many of the 'whacker shows' (Trauma, Third Watch, Rescue Me......)

"Bus" from NTC and "RA" from L.A. er Hollywood ... maybe listening to too many scanners on Utube ?

Due the lack of answering direct questions maybe SD should call himself Hollywoodmedic911 ? just saying. :devilish:

I listened to the recording, LAPD dispatch were sending a tank, but sending a "rescue Ambulance" into a bloody war zone i.e. unsafe scene likely would have just resulted in more fatalities, no doubt in my mind aboot that.

cheers

Yeah, that's the impression I get. Television overdose. Had I not lived 5 years in California, I never would have heard of RA either. It's just a firemonkey thing, just like Dallas FD calling their ambulances MICUs. They can't handle the truth.

Yeah, that's the impression I get. Television overdose. Had I not lived 5 years in California, I never would have heard of RA either. It's just a firemonkey thing, just like Dallas FD calling their ambulances MICUs. They can't handle the truth.

Michigan has some services that also have MICU/NICU trucks.....

If the term 'bus' was such a part of common vernacular in NYC, then why don't our NYC members all use it? I can't think of one time someone like RichardB has used that term.....

You just gotta love those people that take all the shlock churned out by Hollyweird as gospel (I saw it on TV, so therefore it MUST be true!)!

ô¿ô _♫♪♪♪♫♪

You just gotta love those people that take all the shlock churned out by Hollyweird as gospel (I saw it on TV, so therefore it MUST be true!

That is what Fox News and the Government want you to think!

Back in the early days of Mobile Intensive Care / Mobile Life Support Unit pilot project in 1972 you could identify the LSU (ALS) ambulances with the Star of Life on the side.

For years up until the late 1990s we always referred to a "Paramedic" (now Intensive Care Paramedic) vehicle as the "LSU" even though there is nothing to distinguish them from any other ambulance in the fleet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.