Tolerance

Happiness

Just because it's posted in "Funny Stuff" doesn't make it funny.

Besides, any joke that starts with, "I'm not (racist, intolerant, bigoted, sexist etc...) but...", as this joke did, is usually a sign that a joke in poor taste is about to follow. What makes it even more curious is that someone would claim not to be something yet tell a joke that emphasizes that same behaviour.

WOW did I say that? It sure looks like your typing words in my mouth. You Mike are such a funny duck, it dosnt matter what the joke is in bad tast or good you pee on the parade. So maybe you should open your eyes and actually read my last sentence, What does it say?

I guess in my mind I was going for having a disscussion on all those race,religions and what ever other politically correct entities are out there that we have to tolorant of, why are they not tolorant of my views.

WOW did I say that? It sure looks like your typing words in my mouth. You Mike are such a funny duck, it dosnt matter what the joke is in bad tast or good you pee on the parade. So maybe you should open your eyes and actually read my last sentence, What does it say?

I guess in my mind I was going for having a disscussion on all those race,religions and what ever other politically correct entities are out there that we have to tolorant of, why are they not tolorant of my views.

Great question, though I don't see the intolerance so much as the debate you said that you were looking for...or do you see the general lack of this being considered funny as intolerant?

If you mean maybe, 'they', as in Muslims, then I'm unaware of their protesting my eating of pork or such, but only being vocal about their decision not to do the same....

I think that it is a great post! Rapist, abusers, nigger, Muslim jokes spark debate and discussion and I think that is vital if we're to stop the hate. I'll just never (hopefully) think them funny.

Great discussion...

Dwayne

You wrote:

...I may not agree with it all but in the end it got me thinking of the fact that if I have to be tolerant of others, shouldn't others be tolerant of me?

Sounds an awful lot like, given the content of the "joke", I'm not intolerant, but..." which is exactly what I typed out.

it dosnt matter what the joke is in bad tast or good you pee on the parade.

If it's in good taste (I don't know what tast is) I'll laugh at it. Even if it's off colour, to an extent, I can find it funny. If it's in exceptionally poor taste, or just outright bad taste, as many of your jokes seem to be, I'll call you on it. To be honest, I'd do it to your face, too. If you were telling such offensive jokes in person I'd let you know.

If you really wanted to start an honest discussion on this, there are many other ways to raise the topic without demonstrating such pervasively racist and intolerant positions. There's even a "Non-EMS discussion forum" that probably would've been perfect for such a discussion. Instead, you chose to demonstrate intolerance while claiming you wanted tolerance for yourself. Hypocritical much?

You wrote:

Sounds an awful lot like, given the content of the "joke", I'm not intolerant, but..." which is exactly what I typed out.

If it's in good taste (I don't know what tast is) I'll laugh at it. Even if it's off colour, to an extent, I can find it funny. If it's in exceptionally poor taste, or just outright bad taste, as many of your jokes seem to be, I'll call you on it. To be honest, I'd do it to your face, too. If you were telling such offensive jokes in person I'd let you know. Well I guess you are totally intittled to your opion and I respect that. But in life there can be a time to say an off color joke ect. Ya my taste of funny may not be what others think as funny but I have posted so great jokes here and really most jokes are off thats what makes them funny, it is at the expense of some one or something. Take blond jokes for example am I racist against blonds just because I post a joke. And dont tell me there is difference between a blond joke and a muslim joke as in the end it is against someone.

If you really wanted to start an honest discussion on this, there are many other ways to raise the topic without demonstrating such pervasively racist and intolerant positions. There's even a "Non-EMS discussion forum" that probably would've been perfect for such a discussion. Instead, you chose to demonstrate intolerance while claiming you wanted tolerance for yourself. Hypocritical much?I will give you this one. I did think about posting it in NON EMS but I didn't. And so you know Mike I am not a hypocrite or a rasist like you have said I was and not only in this thread, I have a different sense of humor and I also laugh hard at the WHITE jokes told to me from Indians and you know why because they are FUNNY. I have lived in many cultural area's and you know they can take a joke. So here is a question for you. Take a look at the video that I am posting of Don Burstick. This guy is halarious but his stuff involves indian jokes(take a good look at who's in the audiance yep they would be laughing indians). So is it ok to laugh at his stuff because he is also an indian or is it okay just to think its funny. Or how about Akman the dead terrorist, that just about made me pee my pants. By laughing does that make me rasist against terrorists.

So in the end I your idea of Rasist is a whole lot different than mine and if you don't like the joke then dont read it, and don't feel like you need to call me a rasist everytime YOU dont think it funny.

So now that little rant is done You know Mike you are a bundle of knowledge in the city and I truely read the comments you make concerning EMS and try to learn, just like I do with AK, Dwyane and Squint to name just a few. And I take most of critism they throw at me about my posts and go ok I will try and look at it from their point of view, but lately I don't know this rasist thing with you makes me think of Crotichty and you know I dont like that guy at all, and I respect most of your stuff, so QUIT it!!!!!!!!! and enjoy the videos

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v149305455FCcRD89?h1=The+Don+Burnstick+Comedy+hour+Pt.+2

http://www.strimoo.com/video/15676668/jeff-dunham-achmed-the-dead-terrorist-MegaVideo.html

Edited by Happiness

OP, might I suggest you don't quit your "day" job? I rather suspect the "Komedy Klub" isn't inviting you back for "Open Microphone Night", at least by how this "tough crowd" is responding.

So in the end I your idea of Rasist is a whole lot different than mine and if you don't like the joke then dont read it, and don't feel like you need to call me a rasist everytime YOU dont think it funny.

I could turn this around and tell you if you don't want comments on your inherently intolerant jokes then stop posting them. You keep claiming that you're not all these things your jokes indicate you might be. If you're really not that intolerant they why do you insist on portraying yourself that way?

So now that little rant is done You know Mike you are a bundle of knowledge in the city and I truely read the comments you make concerning EMS and try to learn, just like I do with AK, Dwyane and Squint to name just a few. And I take most of critism they throw at me about my posts and go ok I will try and look at it from their point of view, but lately I don't know this rasist thing with you makes me think of Crotichty and you know I dont like that guy at all, and I respect most of your stuff, so QUIT it!!!!!!!!! and enjoy the videos

Thank you. I think we are all here to learn. Including me. However, I'll keep my opinions on Crotchity to myself. You know what they say... don't have anything nice to say? Don't say anything.

If you fail to see the difference between the type of humor Mr. Burnstick attempts and what you were attempting then I respectfully suggest you look a little more closely at the types of jokes being compared. It's a not so fine line to identify cultural differences between people and use those as a means to promote community unity (as Mr. Burnstick is attempting) and singling out one particular group, identifying several cultural traits with which you don't agree and using those to isolate, denigrate and belittle one minority segment of the population.

Seriously, Happiness. You're smarter than that.

I could turn this around and tell you if you don't want comments on your inherently intolerant jokes then stop posting them. You keep claiming that you're not all these things your jokes indicate you might be. If you're really not that intolerant they why do you insist on portraying yourself that way?

I dont think I portray myself as intolerant, In your eyes I think you see me as a person with (in your opinon) a bad sense of humor at best. Trust me when I say I am tolerant I really am. I have had to walk away being called White trash and a few other choice set of words,(even when I am trying to help them) Yes you could turn it around but I think in a past crotchity rant it was noted that if you didn't like the stuff in the funny section dont read it. But seriousely when I post these I truely laugh at most because I only see (what I classify) as funny, Im not trying to be Malicious in anyway. This particular joke is concidered bad because of all the bad press ect Muslims get.

Thank you. I think we are all here to learn. Including me. However, I'll keep my opinions on Crotchity to myself. You know what they say... don't have anything nice to say? Don't say anything.

agreed

If you fail to see the difference between the type of humor Mr. Burnstick attempts and what you were attempting then I respectfully suggest you look a little more closely at the types of jokes being compared. It's a not so fine line to identify cultural differences between people and use those as a means to promote community unity (as Mr. Burnstick is attempting) and singling out one particular group, identifying several cultural traits with which you don't agree and using those to isolate, denigrate and belittle one minority segment of the population.Ok so it is ok to make fun of your own race but whould it have changed your mind if it was a White guy up there? Would you have thought it was rasist? Ok and I put the terrorist in there did you think he was was funny?

Seriously, Happiness. You're smarter than that.Nope not really :P I just try to find humor in my daily life but I guess some of it isn't everyones cup of tea

So I guess back to the original reason I posted this, I will tell you what Mike If you TOLERATE my humor good or bad, I will in turn TOLERATE your comments on it :)

But in my mind, this text is not a bit about having tolerance, it`s just about provoking. I wonder who really believes, that by that way, tolerance can be achieved...

I have to agree about the term "provoke" I would go so far as to say "thought provoking" but this politically correct term we toss about that of "tolerance" of others societies that are not based upon our western values. Those that tolerate "mercy killings" those that tolerate "stoning for infidelity" those that tolerate "permanently disabling a child's arm" because s/he was caught stealing bread or those that tolerate "females hiding their faces in public" .

I am of the opinion that this is simply oppression and does not comply to my western ethical beliefs of fairness, the problem if one actually reads the history books of the religions in this case the "building of a mosque" is a monument to a vanquished enemy, i.e. "Wailing Wall" by European observers because for centuries Jews have gathered here to lament the loss of their temple. This is a more than clear intolerance of that group, the last sentence in the OP without doubt does have some validity.

Lets look to the "humorists" in our western society (as presented in links prior) if one can not see based on colour or ethnicity their is a double standard well best remove head from a very dark place.

Question is: Just how far does one "tolerate" all the religious minorities ? When the demographics of population change to a majority ? Perhaps take a look at current events in France or Austria to bring a more worldly perspective, are you prepared to sit in traffic bringing all business to a full stop because of one groups prayer "time(s)" and not in a counties unofficial language being broadcast from towers .. may I remind all that we do have laws about loud noise, loud music, its my right to peace and quiet and not be restricted for my freedom of travel, based on a now close to a majority group, in France.

Should one ignore that "ethic related gang warfare" is not in your present community, well we have 28 identifiable "gangs" in my hood. My son will not go to a "high school house party" because when the "Browns" show up the fights start and someone gets "shived" this is not an opinion it is a fact and if one looks under human rights were I live its a very one way street, charges are laid when its a brown guy stabbing a white kid, but never the other way around.

The Math:

Presently their are 7 billion two legged rats walking the planet (called over population in my book) I the Horn of Africa we as observing this very tragic event unfold and the western world could stop this in a heartbeat but nope we are far too focused maintaining the current wars with other idealistic societies.

In the last decade we have seen an mass exodus from areas of conflict to a better life but firmly retaining the legal aspects of their homeland, this is not tolerance either. This despite swearing allegiance to the flag or (I, [name], do swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors. So help me God)

Its just a matter of time before the "request or complaint under human rights commission" that GOD be changed to and Allah based on the philosophy of "western tolerance". We have witnessed this in schools and some groups actually having Christmas Carols be stopped, protesting Christian prayer time, or for over a century wishes of "Merry Christmas" be changed to "Seasons Greetings ?" is this tolerance or dominance ? In fact forcing non official language be taught when a majority in a community has been accomplished, curious is it not ?

Another Question must be asked from an "economic standpoint" are you personally prepared to hugely lower your standard of living that the Western World has become so accustomed ? We do take 80% of the worlds resources so tell me if this "standard of living changes" that you will just stand back and be tolerant I will call you without hesitation a hypocrite.

Even the most tragic events in Norway, with this event ignoring that their are very fringe groups out there that believe that "multiculturalism" does not and will not work, well minus the insanity of it all, have not and will not read that "manifesto" one screwed up dood their believing that using violence against his own countrymen ... that is fucked up.

So I challenge ANYONE to tell me in the History of "Tribal Man" that this utopia idealism has in fact been successful anywhere on the planet? the Romans, Greeks, the Mayan, Bosnia, South Africa, Somalia, Rwanda, Chechnya, Arizona, Quebec the list of cultural conflicts goes as far back as

Wouldn't it be great for everyone on the planet "to tolerate each other" ABSOLUTELY I am all for it, count me in ! Will it ever happen ? A realist or historian will tell you not a hope in hades.

Homo Sapiens have just not progressed up the the ladder of evolution, we enjoy killing each other, we enjoy being territorial, we love being tribalistic, we are overly judgemental, we will not share when our survival is on the line.

Tolerance Defined:

1. the state or quality of being tolerant

2. capacity to endure something, esp pain or hardship

3. the permitted variation in some measurement or other characteristic of an object or workpiece

4. the capacity of an organism to endure the effects of a poison or other substance, esp after it has been taken over a prolonged period

NB: this is a definition and not my words but those of scholars.

Personal Conclusion: If you want to see tolerance from me, well best one demonstrates that you will meet me half way, that's called cultural fairness.

Edited by tniuqs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.