Tolerance

Happiness

As a medic I have to show tolerance to each and every patient I help. In this world we as a society have to show tolerance to almost everything even if we dont agree. If we dont we are racist and many other terms. This was sent to me and I may not agree with it all but in the end it got me thinking of the fact that if I have to be tolerant of others, shouldn't others be tolerant of me?

Tolerance

I am truly perplexed that so many of my friends are against another mosque being built in Sydney.

I think it should be the goal of every Australian to be tolerant.

Thus the Mosque should be allowed, in an effort to promote tolerance.

That is why I also propose that two nightclubs be opened next door to the mosque, thereby promoting tolerance from within the mosque.

We could call one of the clubs, which would be gay, "The Turban Cowboy ", and the other a topless bar called "You Mecca Me Hot."

Next door should be a butcher shop that specializes in pork, and adjacent to that an open-pit barbeque pork restaurant, called "Iraq o' Ribs."

Across the street there could be a lingerie store called "Victoria Keeps Nothing Secret ", with sexy mannequins in the window modeling the goods.

Next door to the lingerie shop there would be room for an adult sex toy shop, "Koranal Knowledge ", its name in flashing neon lights, and on the other side a liquor store called "Morehammered."

All of this would encourage the Muslims to demonstrate the tolerance they demand of us, so the mosque problem would be solved.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I would find it funnier if I hated Muslims....

But I don't, and I don't really get the hate that people continue to sling at them. Hating Muslims for 9/11 is like a child hating all dark haired people because he saw a monster on a cartoon.

Muslims are simply a near random point for people to focus their hate and fear. They, as a group, haven't earned that, that I can see. Plus, I don't remember them being intolerant of any of the types of business that you've mentioned, but I may have missed it..

Sorry girl, not trying to be a party pooper, but hating on random people simply because they share a religion isn't working for me. Wanna hate? Take a look at Christians...I'm not sure that any religion has done more evil, all in the 'Name of God' then they have...

Dwayne

• Like 3

Yeah, I would find it funnier if I hated Muslims....

But I don't, and I don't really get the hate that people continue to sling at them. Hating Muslims for 9/11 is like a child hating all dark haired people because he saw a monster on a cartoon.

Muslims are simply a near random point for people to focus their hate and fear. They, as a group, haven't earned that, that I can see. Plus, I don't remember them being intolerant of any of the types of business that you've mentioned, but I may have missed it..

+100000

Sorry girl, not trying to be a party pooper, but hating on random people simply because they share a religion isn't working for me. Wanna hate? Take a look at Christians...I'm not sure that any religion has done more evil, all in the 'Name of God' then they have...

Gotta agree with this, too. Yet this joke is consistent with derogatory or somehow negatively biased attempts, poor attempts, at humour that seem to be popping up lately.

And that's just sad all around.

As a medic I have to show tolerance to each and every patient I help. In this world we as a society have to show tolerance to almost everything even if we dont agree. If we dont we are racist and many other terms. This was sent to me and I may not agree with it all but in the end it got me thinking of the fact that if I have to be tolerant of others, shouldn't others be tolerant of me?

Tolerance

I am truly perplexed that so many of my friends are against another mosque being built in Sydney.

I think it should be the goal of every Australian to be tolerant.

Thus the Mosque should be allowed, in an effort to promote tolerance.

That is why I also propose that two nightclubs be opened next door to the mosque, thereby promoting tolerance from within the mosque.

We could call one of the clubs, which would be gay, "The Turban Cowboy ", and the other a topless bar called "You Mecca Me Hot."

Next door should be a butcher shop that specializes in pork, and adjacent to that an open-pit barbeque pork restaurant, called "Iraq o' Ribs."

Across the street there could be a lingerie store called "Victoria Keeps Nothing Secret ", with sexy mannequins in the window modeling the goods.

Next door to the lingerie shop there would be room for an adult sex toy shop, "Koranal Knowledge ", its name in flashing neon lights, and on the other side a liquor store called "Morehammered."

All of this would encourage the Muslims to demonstrate the tolerance they demand of us, so the mosque problem would be solved.

Yeah, I`ve read something quite similiar the other day - and I wasn`t impressed.

Maybe leave away the butchers shop and the liquor shop and toy a bit with the names to make them fitting to another setting - you could just as well use that text to demand tolerance from muslims if you write church instead of mosque. And rightly so, if that text would be about demanding tolerance - `cause tolerance should be demanded from anyone!

But in my mind, this text is not a bit about having tolerance, it`s just about provoking. I wonder who really believes, that by that way, tolerance can be achieved...

Edited by Vorenus

Just because it's posted in "Funny Stuff" doesn't make it funny.

Besides, any joke that starts with, "I'm not (racist, intolerant, bigoted, sexist etc...) but...", as this joke did, is usually a sign that a joke in poor taste is about to follow. What makes it even more curious is that someone would claim not to be something yet tell a joke that emphasizes that same behaviour.

What makes me wonder in this "joke", is the impression that a mosque's contrary is sex, meat & alcohol...

This suggests "them = religion vs. we = sex/fat/drugs". Interesting view. :whistle:

Edited by Bernhard

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.