No Experience EMT Job Resume?

Not to bust chops but if you were smart you'd work as an EMT for a few years before going to Medic school. They base everything in the curriculum on experience and it will be that much harder for you to pass going in with no experience on the street at all.

I've been in this business for 12 years...join a vollie dept if you can too. That's how I started out.

Not to bust your chops but if you were smart you'd realize that there are a variety of programs out there. You'd also realize that success is dependent on the individual and not what has routinely been established to be a substandard training program. Lastly, if you haven't been through the program, and I believe you stated you were an EMT in another thread, do you really have any idea just how paramedic programs are based?

Not to bust chops but if you were smart you'd work as an EMT for a few years before going to Medic school. They base everything in the curriculum on experience and it will be that much harder for you to pass going in with no experience on the street at all.

I've been in this business for 12 years...join a vollie dept if you can too. That's how I started out.

Not to bust your chops but this topic has been discussed at infinitum, your logic used is not scientific in the practice of pre-hospital care emergency or advancement for Paramedicine.

YOU Fire Chick are stuck in THE paradigm.

...join a vollie dept if you can too.

Not to bust your chops, but the OP doesn't live in the third world. There are no vollie departments here. Damn few EMT-B jobs too, as we are 100 percent ALS here.

That's how I started out.

That's where you still are too. Nuff said.

Some agencies accept experience working as an EMT at a 9-1-1 system volunteer ambulance service or volunteer fire deparftment. Others do not. Some would actually disallow experiences from working non-9-1-1 system, "Inter Facility Transfer only" ambulance services.

Just saying. Also saying good luck in the job hunt!

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to also add that EVERYONE should have a personal and professional email address.

Make sure you place the PROFESSIONAL email address on your CVs.

I do not want to see bigdaddy@aol.com or kewlchick83@gmail.com...you get my point.

Create an email that is your name if possible or first initial last name or something of that nature.

If you can piggy back off a friend who has their own domain, or buy your own (as low as $2.99/yr) thats even better than a gmail account. It looks more professional.

Perhaps a bit of overkill, re E-Mail addresses, but at "Mail.com", a free service, you can get an E-Mail like I have, ending "@Rescueteam.com" . Admittedly, that can be considered "professional", or "childish" by your reviewer.

My E-Mail there, however, is NOT my main on-line address.

Also, I had already had several EMS related employments when I first went on-line in 1996.

(edit for spelling)

Edited by Richard B the EMT

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.