New Paramedic Student

EMSchick411

Hi everyone!

I am a 27 year old female EMT, just starting my paramedic course. Other than my EMT training, I have no prior EMS experience, and my current job is nowhere near the medical profession. I am slowly trying to make the transition and get to where I want to be, and it would be helpful to surround myself with fellow EMS providers who can share their experiences since I have none of my own as of yet. I look forward to talking with some of you and becoming more confident in my chosen career path. : )

• Like 1

Welcome to the City... I can tell you a career in EMS/PHC has changed my life. It can change many lives. Especially, indecisive lads like my self. In 1996, was the start of career. I can't complain... I became a better person as a result... Good luck...

Edited by NYCEMS9115

Welcome aboard. I, for one, have 37 years of "War Stories", and am looking for a new audience...Naah, I know you want training tidbits to help you in advancement to Paramedic. I'm BLS, but we have a substantial number of ALS folks that can help ya!

Welcome aboard. I, for one, have 37 years of "War Stories", and am looking for a new audience...Naah, I know you want training tidbits to help you in advancement to Paramedic. I'm BLS, but we have a substantial number of ALS folks that can help ya!

<edit> One of the old Guard in EMT City and some of the stories are actually TRUE ! LOL.

Richard brings us all back to our EMT roots and will not steer you wrong.

Good God! Another woman medic! This is bullshit....

Many of the strongest medics I know are women, and every time another chick decides to take the medic path it means the penis people have to step up their game and get smarter and stronger....

It's really friggin' irritating...

Welcome girl. I too went from Basic to Medic with no EMS experience and believe that I've become at least a half ass'd medic thanks to my friends here. The important thing to remember is that you won't benefit much here by watching. You have to jump in. You have to show off your cast iron ovaries and participate. That's not always easy, but it's always worth it. Hell, watch the posts by tcripp, and many of our other lady medics/almost medics, every time they talk I feel like a halfwit that needs to go back and take a Basic refresher.

The path that you've chosen won't be easy, but don't believe for a second that you can't do it. And when you start to believe that, (and you will if you're in a good program) look back at your clinicals. Remember all of the shithead idiot medics that you saw? Every one of them did it...in one form or another.

You will be hit by a ton of dinosaurs (Ok, so they might have a point..it's just wrong is all) that tell you that you will not be able to succeed without previous experience as a basic. That your school must be shit if they accepted you without that same experience. But given a little bit of time you will see that there are many here that took the same path, and many of them have shown themselves to be amazing medics.

Of course the others, like...'my friend', that just come to try and get the girls to talk dirty in chat....Just sayin'...

Dwayne

Thanks for the welcome replies everyone....Glad to be here

You're welcome. Now, live in the scenarios forum when you're bored. It's your chance to run your calls through your head before you have to do so on the street. Plus, it's fun as hell...even when you make mistakes.

Get busy girl...

Dwayne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.