Sponge checking in !

USMC_LB

Yeah, Mike, you need to talk to the Grande Pubah...it sucks that we can't give positive points to moderators.

You're reply was spot on. And LB, none of it is bullshit. Most of the people that I have come to know and or love here have at one time or another sent me packing with their boots so far up my ass that I couldn't poop for days.

I'm not saying that getting beat up is good, it's just that sometimes we take good advice as abuse. And even when it is, if it's truly good advice, it's still worth the price.

I have nothing but respect for the plans that you have made. I have the pantry from hell...not because I'm worried of earthquakes in Colorado, but because I'm terrified of getting hurt, or fired, and not being able to feed my family before I recover. I've never needed it...but it's never hurt anything that I can see either.

I look forward to your thoughts...

Dwayne

Heres an opinion from some bloke half way around the world, who has never had miltary anything service who doesn't know what is in EMTB but has some of the AAOS text books for it...

Seriously, the EMTB advice is the best advice here, think of it as an uber first aid course. I suspect that one of the things you will andoubtedly get out of doing it, especially doing ride time is just how much garbage in first aid kits is just there to look shiny and is really pointless crap. More of the basic stuff and less of the fancier crap will do you well, also, a couple of rolls of duct tape. You dont really need splints, eye patches, ten different sizes of tape or safety pins or multiple sizes of polyamps of saline or whatever diffent sizes of sticking plaster or whatever else they come with is just taking up space. You'd be surpised much you dont actually need or use, and how much if it can be improvised (dislocated my knee a few years back, splinted it with a Pizza Box!)

Thirdly, talk to your Doc about having some courses anti-b's stored in it, and OTC analgesia, stuff that will keep and last a long time.

And bulk water sterlisation/storage (but i suspect you already know this) So long as you have boiling water, you will be fine.

Shit, most of that is already in my pantry!

• Like 1

I am not a EMT or an active student. I am a private citizen who is highly interested in learning all I can about Medical Emergencies, Trauma Care and First Aid.

I am currently finishing up three different medical / first aid kits:

1) Individual VOK / Trauma kit

2) M3 bag kit

3) Medical Backpack

I also have plans for an organized, resupply case/trunk.

I joined here to learn as much as I can and to help get me pointed in the right direction for good civilian training.

Thanks, LB

I'll add, Barnes and Noble usually have an EMT or paramedic book in their stacks of stuff. That could be a first place to go get your whistle wet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.