Patient Unconscious

Make sure you get the Insurance Information... If the Service doesn't get paid, you don't get paid...

Yeah, and stopping for the insurance information at this point will likely get you fired faster than starting an I/O on a possible stroke/hypoglycemic. I'm getting paid either way my friend...

...Let's go ahead and titrate our NS to try and get and maintain a pressure of around 90 systolic....

What caused you to choose this blood pressure?

Dwayne

Yeah, and stopping for the insurance information at this point will likely get you fired faster than starting an I/O on a possible stroke/hypoglycemic. I'm getting paid either way my friend...

What caused you to choose this blood pressure?

Dwayne

Dwayne,

Our paramedic school and the standards themselves state now that 90 is where we should aim our BPs to be at in patients that are hypovolemic and need fluids. That is the rationale I'm guessing he used when he chose that number.

FireEMT2009

FireEMT, great scenario! Thanks for sharing it!

Dwayne, 90 seems to be the magic number people are liking nowadays--mostly in trauma, but from what I've heard that seems to extend to all patients as well. Ultimately, what I want to obtain is good perfusion to the patient's brain and vital organs, though since he's actually lost fluids, perhaps I should aim that number a little higher.

Hmm...

FireEMT, great scenario! Thanks for sharing it!

Dwayne, 90 seems to be the magic number people are liking nowadays--mostly in trauma, but from what I've heard that seems to extend to all patients as well. Ultimately, what I want to obtain is good perfusion to the patient's brain and vital organs, though since he's actually lost fluids, perhaps I should aim that number a little higher.

Hmm...

Thanks! I will definately be sharing another one here shortly!