Saskatchewan Paramedics tentative labour agreement

No contract for over two years now and nothing to help balance out essential services legislation like binding arbitration.

While I will enjoy the raise we are going to be back in the same spot in two years

No contract for over two years now and nothing to help balance out essential services legislation like binding arbitration.

While I will enjoy the raise we are going to be back in the same spot in two years.

The contract will be for four years, starting April 1, 2009

Before signing we are the lowest paid EMS personnel in western Canada, and in Saskatchewan we actually have one of the highest costs of living relative to income. Yay

My service in Ontario just got our arbitration ruling after 2+ years of being without a contract. We got an 8% raise over 3 years and the agreement expires at the end of next march so really our new contract is only in affect for 9 months or so.

Jonas I hope that back pay is included in that agreement. Binding arbitration has been a big push from the union due to essential services legislation but the government is steadfastly opposed. Kinda says that the government knows their offers have been crap

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.