planking

emtcutie

Why do you think it's stupid? Would you rather these people be out doing something that's really stupid? Drinking? Drinking and driving? Drugs?

What do you do for fun?

What these guys are doing is relatively harmless. Just as with any past time, do it smart and don't operate outside the realm of calculated risks that one is comfortable assuming and it's fine.

On the upside, I see your spelling has improved.

Why do you think it's stupid? Would you rather these people be out doing something that's really stupid? Drinking? Drinking and driving? Drugs?

What do you do for fun?

What these guys are doing is relatively harmless. Just as with any past time, do it smart and don't operate outside the realm of calculated risks that one is comfortable assuming and it's fine.

I wouldn't exactly say it's harmless. That being said, to each their own. Nothing wrong with a little chlorine in the gene pool.

I wouldn't exactly say it's harmless. That being said, to each their own. Nothing wrong with a little chlorine in the gene pool.

That's why I said it was relatively harmless.

How many people engage in this activity? How many people get hurt? One guy is killed because he miscalculated the risk and operated with no safety net (so to speak) and suddenly the whole movement is bad? To the point of calling it retarded? (Don't worry. I'm not confusing your comments with that of the OP.)

There are countless ways to pass one's time that are way more dangerous than this. There are countless other activities that present the same ridiculously low risk for a random and freak accident.

That's why I said it was relatively harmless.

How many people engage in this activity? How many people get hurt? One guy is killed because he miscalculated the risk and operated with no safety net (so to speak) and suddenly the whole movement is bad? To the point of calling it retarded? (Don't worry. I'm not confusing your comments with that of the OP.)

There are countless ways to pass one's time that are way more dangerous than this. There are countless other activities that present the same ridiculously low risk for a random and freak accident.

No problem Mike. I did see one pretty cool photo of a guy who took multiple exposures of himself on a playground on different pieces of equipment. I can't find it after a very brief google search but if you can find it, it's cool.

No problem Mike. I did see one pretty cool photo of a guy who took multiple exposures of himself on a playground on different pieces of equipment. I can't find it after a very brief google search but if you can find it, it's cool.

Sorry, Doc. I was a little more abrupt than I wanted to be. Check your PM.

That sounds like a cool pic. I'll see if I can find it.

What do you do for fun?

It is true, there may be more dangerous things to do in your free time. However there are definatley more productive things to do. I don't understand the concept of it, and why it is sooo fun. And yes my spelling has imrpoved, thank you. :P

Edited by emtcutie

I was wondering what was up with my daughter and her friends facebook accounts when I saw them posting photos of themselves doing this...did not realize it was some new international fad.

Oh well...it is kind of funny!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.