What do you carry?

Thank you vaflightmedic for reviving this thread! Man, oh man, that guy was funny ... handcuffs, combat training, rescue ambulance, and a nissan pathfinder decked to the nines with blinking lights ... pure comedy gold!

Thanks for bringing this back up LOL You all got me in trouble at work for spending so much time rereading it from page one. Was well worth the stroll down memory lane.

Maybe ShockDoctor is Batman? Notice how they haven't had a batman movie out in a couple of years and he hasn't posted in a while. Coincidence???? I THINK NOT????

• 2 weeks later...

On shift:

Stethescope

EMS guide for ALS

Tarascons Adlut Emergency Guide

2 pens

Shears

wallet

iPhone

Wedding ring

Off shift:

Stethescope (only because I'm too lazy to take into the house!)

• 1 month later...

Ive recently learned to carry a Machete for those code patients that turn into zombie and have to put them bad boys down, my Steth is a transformers model that turns into a bazooka to blow up the somali terrorists that try to pirate my unit, and an encoder radio that has a direct line to the football to bypass all protocol and use the tactical nukes to end the world if i feel the scene is getting to funky...

I needed that laugh for that day. Thanks for the necrobump.

I packed a jumpbag when I first became a CFR and then EMT back in 1992. It has all sorts of stuff like trauma dressings, glucose, BP cuffs, hand operated suction, oxygen regulator (no tank though). I even had an MCI kit.

Nowadays the most important thing I keep stocked is my cell phone so I can call 911 to get someone that can do something for the pt. I do still have a fully stocked jumpbag although it still contains the same exact equipment I put in it back in 1992. I grabbed one of the 4X4s when one of my kids scraped their knee and after I opened the package, the gauze crumbled in my hand. It might be time to take that bag out of service but then where would I keep my RPG launcher for those scenes that go bad?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.