What do you carry?

Agreed Mike .. a few other Laws as well ... just where is the Dust ?

I suspect that the Laws of the Double Barrel shotgun will soon be applied. :ph34r:

I am looking for a bunker myself and make some popcorn at this point in the movie ... ROFLMAO !.

What frankly amazes me in this thread that Level 4 A body armour has yet to be discussed, curious and perhaps a needed piece of kit required in this ones POV as well ?

just saying.

Edited by tniuqs

Are you gearing up for the zombie invasion too (if and when it comes)?

That would be only sensible.

As for me, in that likely case, I`ll be off to the Winchester, since I would need a place that would be safe and where I could smoke! :dribble:

If I remeber correctly, both Dwayne and I made comments on the intelligence levels of the majority of the new posters....unfortunately, the good 'doctor' has proven that the pendulum has begun to swing the opposite direction and is picking up speed as it does....

This in no way detracts from the compliments earned by the majority of new posters, it is intended to show how much of a 'weak link' SD has proven himself to be.....

You were asked if you keep them in the same pouch.....or do you have separate pouches? How do you keep from cross contaminating when 'restocking' these pouches?

They're in separate compartments. Give me some credit, geesh.

I am looking for a bunker myself and make some popcorn at this point in the movie ... ROFLMAO !.

What frankly amazes me in this thread that Level 4 A body armour has yet to be discussed, curious and perhaps a needed piece of kit required in this ones POV as well ?

just saying.

I have a cheap PROTECH vest that spray painted "EMT" on the back of. I never wear it, though. It mainly stays locked up in my safe room.

Though, it has optional tactical pockets that would make great storage. I think wearing that vest would be a bit much, though. Don't ya think? ;)

If I remeber correctly, both Dwayne and I made comments on the intelligence levels of the majority of the new posters....unfortunately, the good 'doctor' has proven that the pendulum has begun to swing the opposite direction and is picking up speed as it does....

This in no way detracts from the compliments earned by the majority of new posters, it is intended to show how much of a 'weak link' SD has proven himself to be.....

Kid, treat others how you wish to be treated.

• Like 1

They're in separate compartments. Give me some credit, geesh.

We tried that, and with each successive post, you continue to prove how wrong we were.

I have a cheap PROTECH vest that spray painted "EMT" on the back of. I never wear it, though. It mainly stays locked up in my safe room.

Though, it has optional tactical pockets that would make great storage. I think wearing that vest would be a bit much, though. Don't ya think? ;)

We've also thought that your handcuffs, POV light show and your '100 hours of combat training' were a 'bit much' too!

Kid, treat others how you wish to be treated.

You named the theme, we're just playing by the rules....

Man SD...I've tried to get on board, I truly have, but I'm calling bullshit on the medic title. I'd bet a weeks wages that you're a basic trying to fit into medics clothing. And I'll tell you why...

If you are an ALS provider during your normal work day, leaving all the rest of the crap aside, what possible use could you have for an EpiPen on your person every day? A medic would know that you almost never run into the situations that a laymen would have need of it, and a medic would know that he would have access to it within 30-60 seconds from the ambulance any time s/he needed it so carrying it in a pocket would just be stupid.

Also, I know of no medic that would put up with the crap that you've put up with in this thread and yet you continue to defend the ultimate whack pack...That just doesn't add up brother.

Every thing in your personal vehicle and on your person, with very few exceptions scream poser. Believe it or not I hate to type those words as you're posts have used proper spelling/grammar/punctuation/capitalization and have been very respectful, and that is a gift the we rarely receive here. But we're not the badge bunnies and teenage bible study group that you're used to impressing with all of that nonsense. We do this for a living, know what can and should be done most often, and you've just gone so far down the whacker path that I'm not sure how to help you find your way back.

Get proud of who you are, learn to do good medicine and be proud of that, then I think you'll find that you don't need to try and show off with a bunch of extraneous shit.

I would like to see you stay and grow, but for that to happen you are going to have to come clean, and I just haven't seen any sign of that happening yet.

Dwayne

Edited to add text in italics.

Edited by DwayneEMTP
  • Like 3

If you are an ALS provider during your normal work day, leaving all the rest of the crap aside, what possible use could you have for an EpiPen on your person every day? A medic would know that you almost never run into the situations that a laymen would have need of it, and a medic would know that he would have access to it within 30-60 seconds from the ambulance any time s/he needed it so carrying it in a pocket would just be stupid.

The Epi is for me; I'm allergic to bees. I guess I could use it on a patient, but we've got epinephrine in our buses for them.

Also, I know of no medic that would put up with the crap that you've put up with in this thread and yet you continue to defend the ultimate whack pack...That just doesn't add up brother.

I'll gladly defend any piece of equipment you define as "extraneous". I've received employee of the month twice in the last year, and I'm well respected in the local EMS community as a professional who takes my job seriously. I attend every training I can get to, buy the best equipment (and know how to use it), and pride myself in being a pioneer in the EMS industry. Anything you feel like challenging me on, go for. I'll gladly defend my practices as they've been proven to have effective results.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.