What do you carry?

Thats just too funny :D

It remind's me of the time we were on Christmas island, you remember when we did that HALO drop with Oz Special Ops for a little recon and then that crab stole your shoe ... ah the memories.

cheers

It remind's me of the time we were on Christmas island, you remember when we did that HALO drop with Oz Special Ops for a little recon and then that crab stole your shoe ... ah the memories.

cheers

Do i ever! You killed it using your layryngoscope as a boomerang, and then we cooked it on one of those little fold out shovels that the infantry boys were carrying over a fire that was fulled by little alcohol swabs and lit with a magnifying glass.

Edited by BushyFromOz

A good thing I had that L scope handy on my belt .. that sucker was fast. Oh wait mums the word mate those Robber crab's were an endangered species .. oh well waste not want not.

On my duty belt/person:

Gloves - Latex and Nitrile

Shears - by Mabis

Flashlights - penlight and Pelican tactical light

Littman III Stethoscope

Handcuffs - S&W Model 100

CPR/BVM Hybrid Mask

Pepper spray - Fox Labs 5.3 million SHU

Radio - dept issued (with my own ear piece and shoulder mic)

Business Cards/Certifications (on a strap around my neck)

Cell phone

EPI Pen

Flip Knife (in a boot holster)

Off Duty (in my Nissan):

AED - by Phillips

Assorted First Aid Kit (gauze, bandages, antiseptic, basic stuff)

TASER - X2 with spare cartridge

Pepper Spray - another bottle of Fox Labs 5.3 million SHU, also a can of Streetwise 2 million SHU (but 17% for a longer sting)

CPR Mask

Littmann I Stethoscope

I'm curious to see what other people carry. post your lists.

Goodness me!

To steal a quote from another forum: I carry my wallet, my keys and the chip on my shoulder...

Take it easy guys he is SAVING LIVES and has 100+ hours of COMBAT TRAINING.

On my person:

Pocket knife.

Wallet

Wedding ring.

In my vehicle:

Spare water

Extra windshield washer fluid

Spare tire

Dwayne

Yes. +1 sir. I'm with you on this post brother.

I carry on my person at all times:

a full jump bag

heart balloon machine

a mini promed cath lab that comes with a pocket nurse

a 6 pack of nihi grape

a big belt buckle with a star of life

3 pairs of trauma shear

a fire dept/ems shirt

a pocket EKG book

a badge

Really though:

"Dude you're a freaking whacker .... WTF

On my belt I carry ... nothing

When not crewing I carry .... nothing "

Edited by ambodriver

It's a fact that a majority of scenes start out safe but end up deadly. And if the scene becomes threatening, you'll be thankful when I'm there with my gear and 100+ hours of combat training.

It IS a fact! Not just the rare scene, or a small number of scenes, but in fact the MAJORITY of scenes start out safe but end up deadly!

Just last night I went to an assisted living facility for a fall with a possible fractured neck of femur. There I was having a chat to the 85 year old little old lady who was on the floor, getting ready to place and IV and give her some pain relief when BAM! She pulls out a Saturday night special and starts busting caps in my direction! :gun:

Fortunately I have 100+ hours of combat training also, so I quickly disarmed her with a roundhouse kick which knocked the gun from her hand. I jumped on her, got her in a Darce choke which put her out pretty quickly (thanks pre-existing carotid stenosis!) but to be on the safe side, I hit her in the face a couple of times with my extendable BrutalMatic Tactical Baton (in mat black, with low radar reflection coating and the optional Teflon coaing to prevent blood staining) Don't want her getting up to try that shit again! :showoff:

Her husband looked like he wanted to start something after that, so he got a face full of OuchMaster 5000 Extreme Burn OC Spray (one on my belt, another in my left cargo pocket) After that he fell out of his wheel chair, and would not comply with my demands that he back the f**k up, so I tazed him good.

You just never know when shit is going to go down...

Seriously though, I suspect that the only people for whom scenes turn deadly are the patients you turn up to.

Edited by Paramagic

It's a fact that a majority of scenes start out safe but end up deadly. And if the scene becomes threatening, you'll be thankful when I'm there with my gear and 100+ hours of combat training.

We allow OC and TASERS in the car where I live. We even allow rifles without any sort of license whatsoever. We're hicks, though.

Jeebus, how many scenes do you go to that start out safe but end up deadly?

Prior to my retirement I was running about 5 calls a day 3 days a week. I can't remember the last time a call that started safe became deadly unless you are talking about a patient coding on me and then I don't think I needed the combat training but maybe I should get that 100+ hours of combat training so I can stave off those deadly calls.

I'll bet that you go into scenes just itching to find some way to get to use your 100+ hours of combat training and all that pepper spray.

I do carry a encoded radio that is a direct line to SAC command so if a scene does go deadly i can call in air and ground support to deal with the danger. It takes a couple of minutes to mobilize the attack forces but usually when I'm on a call they are already airborne and on the way even before I get to the scene of the call. I can always recall them. Thank GOD I haven't ever had to use them. Consider the paperwork I would have to fill out for a airstrike on a civilian target. I just get all clenched up when I think about that but at least I have the air and ground backup and all that pepper spray.

Edited by Ruffems

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.