Stupidest or Funniest...

FireMedicChick164

How long have you been an EMT, Firefighter, Ect...  

88 members have voted

1. 1.

• Brand New (less then a year)
    • Less then 2 years
    • 3-5 years
    • 5-10 years
    • More then 10 years

Hehe... my uncle is blind and has two glass eyes. I always wondered what some nurse or medic would think if they didn't know and tried to examine him! :lol: Those things look really real!

I guess the funniest thing that ever happened to me was when I was working hospital-based EMS. We wore scrub suits, even in the field. I got to the scene of an MVA on the highway one evening. As I started walking towards the patient, I tried to clip the really heavy-ass Motorola HT over the waistband of my scrub pants. My pants immediately dropped to my ankles, and I tripped and fell in the middle of the highway. :shock:

Luckily it was night time, and not broad daylight with half the town watching!

The sad thing is we sometimes forget to start from the begining...it's that tunnel vision thing. Worst enemy of the EMS provider. But it really would have been nice if the concerned wife would have let us know ALL of his medical history! I don't think the shade of red that mine and my partners face turned occurs in nature, it's reserved for times such as that.

• 1 month later...

The most embarassing thing that has happened to me happened was when i was still in school doing my rotations. i always ran at night with the same crew for all my clinicals. well on my last night the guys i were partners with told me i could go back into one of the rooms and get some sleep and they would come get me if we had a call(this ems provider was dispatched by phone so no tones) At 2 in the morning they pound on the door and tell me we have an MVA s/p vehicle vs pedistrian. I jump out of bed go shooting out of the office and out the door. I trip and fall off the steps and I look over to see them standing by the truck laughing their assess off!!! There was no call and i busted my ass in front of them. They hit me with a double whammy!!!

It didn't happen to me, but it is funny none-the-less. I was working in the trauma room and one of my medic friends gives her hospital presentation as she is coming in on the helicopter. She says she has a male ped struck with an open hard palate fx. Once she gets in, my first concern was to see what kind of airway issues we had to take care of. I look in and it was worse than I thought. I reach in and pull out this 30 something year old guys fractured denture!!! The hard palate was perfectly intact. Sure enough, I had to pick on the medic a little. I would expect it from someone that was new, but she was probably a medic for at least 5 yrs. It made for good laughs that day.

On a side note, just to add a clinical pearl, if a pt is critical enough to have unequal pupils to the extent described above, they are not going to be conscious. Unequal pupils are an ominous sign that the brain is starting to herniate and the pt may be on their way to the ECU.

• 7 years later...

I was pulling a 24 hr tour one night well one of the guys decided to convince one of the other EMTs on Duty whom in fact played the "Bag pipes".Well as i saying with out me knowing this this i decided to lay down for some rest about 9 pm At some piont the bastard came up into the bunk room and started playing that thing as i was sleeping, I flew off the bunk and hit the floor.later on i found out they put it on video..KUDDOS GUys..Just another day working EMS..

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.