Stupidest or Funniest...

FireMedicChick164

How long have you been an EMT, Firefighter, Ect...  

88 members have voted

1. 1.

• Brand New (less then a year)
    • Less then 2 years
    • 3-5 years
    • 5-10 years
    • More then 10 years

What is the stupidest or funniest thing that have ever happened to you at the firehouse/EMS squad house, in an ambulance, at work ect...

I got sprayed down with a water can after our ladder truck dedication...I was in uniform and some idiot started a water fight! :roll:

Funniest thing I can think of is one day in the middle of winter, we had a call for a 1 car MVC rollover. Got on scence and everyone was out of the car and doing ok. I took one step out of the passenger door and slipped on my butt. The road was a sheet of thick ice. I guess it looked pretty funny........

• Like 1

Walking into work for my first station 4th of July barbecue, I see a strange puddle of water in the hallway. I hear some soggy footsteps coming around the corner, and there stands my poor captain, in full uniform, drenched from head to feet. It literally looked like she had gotten into the shower with her clothes on. Her only words to me as she passed was "You'd better watch out, they're really in a mood today." What's a 4th of July barbecue without a Supersoaker, anyway?

That's wierd, I did the same thing!

Only when I pulled up to the firehouse, the pager actually went off for an actual dwelling fire! It was perfect timing, because at that time, I lived a significant distance from the station, & I could actually say made the 1st out truck from my house.

Ok..so I'm not the only one who wakes up before the pager goes off for a call...I feel a little better now! :D

What is most embarasing is when you have your own radio and go in service to the station to get engine 1 and centeral returns with "there is not a fire, it was skip."

Also responding to a roll over MVA in the rain when the temp just hits 32F and the bridge freezes and the ambulance spins around one complete time before coming to a rest in the fender of the car that was up-side-down. Very glad I was not driving that time!! :D

Dispatched to a emergency call for a 58 year old male experiencing numbness, slurred speech, and generalized weakness. Upon arriving we were greeted by a very concerned wife...who of course quickly ran down the patients medical history, current meds., you know the whole sha-bang. Patient has substantial history of prior CVA's...not a good sign. We finally get to our patient do our assessment and upon doing pupil response my partner became very alarmed. The patients right pupil was constricted and fixed....no response. Well, of course we thought that we had this one in the bag...no question. We treated for CVA...rapid transport. Get the the E.D. and are in the middle of giving report, with the concerned wife still ever present, when we came to the part of the constricted and fixed right pupil....all of a sudden the wife ruptures with this almost maniacal laughter....this is the point the good wife decides to inform us that "But girls, he has had a glass eye for about 20 years now!!!" DEAR GOD!!!!! Ever have those days when you really just want to find the deepest hole and crawl right in....or wonder how you even made it to see an EMT certification???? Don't forget kids...always ask about that glass eye.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.