PTSD Awareness Day: What do you know? What do you do?

hmmmm, wonder how all the people in centuries past survived without those drugs.

Probably turned to alchol.

To echo what has been said though, you truly are an asshole, probably part way to being an ankle now.

• Like 2

There is no such thing as PTSD, just as there is no such thing as ADD. It is all a figment of the pharmaceutical industrys imagination to sell you drugs.

Yet another reason to bring back the reputation thing, so that when a visitor drops in for a look to this site, the clear understanding that the poser routinely spews dung and is not respected.

It is all a figment of the pharmaceutical industrys imagination to sell you drugs.

Following the Crotch Logic: all of the other drugs we use in daily practice must be in our imagination as well ?

You know like vaccines, chemotherapy drugs, antibiotics, adrenaline and pain medication, yup it's all government conspiracy.

<edited to remove rude language and not bring myself down to the crotch level of ignorance and stupidity>

Edited by tniuqs
  • Like 1

OK, to quote the usuals in the room, show me proof that it exists. ADD is just kids drinking too much sugar and then sitting in front of a video game. PSTD is weaklings who are looking for a way out. If either is a real disease, why did not exist prior to 1980 ?

Good god! Where is the hate button for these posts?

Just because we didn't call it PTSD, doesn't mean it didn't exist. During and after WW1 it was called "shell shock", with the signs, symptoms and effects well documemted and still hold true to this day. Civillian's though were general labelled as having a "melancholy" or a "deep neurosis" and quite often ended up in a lunatic asylum for their troubles. Not that they were "nuts" but because we had such a pathetic understanding of it.

The exact same sypmtoms were present in soldiers who came home from WW2, Korea and Vietnamam. My grandfather suffered PTSD from the day he was shipped back from korea, and it haunted him till the end of his days, only it was initally labelled as "depression"

Labels change asshole, just because we called it something else does not mean it did not exist.

For example, sometime in the past, someone with an english accent may have referred to you as being an "confrontational fellow". These days, i suspect you would just be a "F*&#!ng twat"

Edited by BushyFromOz
  • Like 2

OK, to quote the usuals in the room, show me proof that it exists. ADD is just kids drinking too much sugar and then sitting in front of a video game. PSTD is weaklings who are looking for a way out. If either is a real disease, why did not exist prior to 1980 ?

It has been pointed out, it has existed for a very long time. I believe my grandfather, a USMC Master Sgt. in WWII suffered from it even to the day he died. I have a very close and dear friend who was brutally attacked and nearly died, who suffers from nightmares, attacked her husband in her sleep because she thought he was harming her, gets panic attacks in public when she sees a bald man...are you telling me she is just weak? She is THE strongest person I know for overcoming what that monster did to her, and is so brave and strong to be confronting it every day in therapy in an attempt to get her life back.

How DARE you come in here and just stir the pot with your bull shit. If you don't agree with a post....zip it. I generally ignore your ignorance and rude comments, but this hit too close to home and I am too tired to just sit by and watch. You should really be ashamed of yourself, and I hope your mother finds out how you behave on this web forum, it is truly appalling.

• Like 1

Wow, just came back to this thread. Didn't think anyone had posted in it. I appreciate the bits of input from some of you, thanks. And wow, crotchity, I am really glad I don't know you in person because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to keep myself from kicking your ass. I can't help but wonder, do you just get a kick out of stirring shit up and pissing people off online? Or are you actually that ignorant? If so, man, I feel sorry for you. "PSTD is weaklings who are looking for a way out." Wow, just wow. I don't even know how to respond to that. Actually, I don't think it's really worth responding to.

• Like 4

Wow, just came back to this thread. Didn't think anyone had posted in it. I appreciate the bits of input from some of you, thanks. And wow, crotchity, I am really glad I don't know you in person because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to keep myself from kicking your ass. I can't help but wonder, do you just get a kick out of stirring shit up and pissing people off online? Or are you actually that ignorant? If so, man, I feel sorry for you. "PSTD is weaklings who are looking for a way out." Wow, just wow. I don't even know how to respond to that. Actually, I don't think it's really worth responding to.

You do have a very point about ignorance :punk:

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.