WVSM Wireless Vital Signs Monitor

Anyone use the WVSM unit by Athena GTX?

Our bike team is looking to get a unit and was wondering if anyone had feedback from the unit.

If your not familiar with it here are some details:

The unit does the following:

Non-Invasive BP

Pulse Ox

3 Lead ECG

http://athenagtx.com/wvsm/

Now does that have a separate handheld monitor or does it go to a laptop? Can it print strips of the three lead? Otherwise that thing would be awesome. If your not doing a 12 lead or defib that's about all you need.

I seem to remember reading about a patient monitor from Europe somewhere, much more like a traditional monitor, except it came apart into a screen, patient monitor, and defib.

The monitor I'd like to use for size is just the 3 lead side of a LP 5....I learned on the LP 5 so I guess I am dating myself.

these are pretty nice looking, some guys from Athena GTX actually brought some by my department a while back to take some photos with our bike medics, hence my landing on your post :) I definitely thought it looked ideal for remote monitoring and MCIs, plus the people that came by were really cool to talk to. pretty tiny and light monitor for all it does.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.