Greetings everybody!!

Has anyone had an opportunity to use the Knightlite EMS study software to study for the paramedic NR exam and had success? On their website I only see testimonials from those that sat the NR EMTB exam. What did you find to be helpful in your studies?

Always grateful for your input!

I have not, the website looks a little dated in design. Are you looking for a Study Guide or practice exams? If you are looking for practice exams I highly recommend FISDAP. (https://www.fisdap.net/) It is very similar to the NREMT-P testing and tells you what you need to study after you test. It is not an easy test and you will most certainly have to take your time and think.

The biggest difference between it and other tests that I have seen is that it breaks it down into what you need to study and what you are already knowledgeable in. It is very detailed on what you need to study in order to have you pass your National test.

Do not be surprised if you do not pass it the first time, in my Paramedic Course only three of the students passed the first time and their were 22 students. After the others studied what it told them to, they passed the second time without any difficulty. It prepares you for the National Registry without a doubt in my mine. We now require our Paramedic students to pass this test as their final for the Paramedic Course. After implementing this our first time pass rate for the National Registry as increased significantly! We went from only one or two to passing on first attempt to six or seven. Its well worth the money, for the Practice Tests and the Study Guide is only $50.

Hope this helps!

Thanks.I just checked it out. I will introduce this to my students as well.

I have not, the website looks a little dated in design. Are you looking for a Study Guide or practice exams? If you are looking for practice exams I highly recommend FISDAP. (https://www.fisdap.net/) It is very similar to the NREMT-P testing and tells you what you need to study after you test. It is not an easy test and you will most certainly have to take your time and think.

The biggest difference between it and other tests that I have seen is that it breaks it down into what you need to study and what you are already knowledgeable in. It is very detailed on what you need to study in order to have you pass your National test.

Do not be surprised if you do not pass it the first time, in my Paramedic Course only three of the students passed the first time and their were 22 students. After the others studied what it told them to, they passed the second time without any difficulty. It prepares you for the National Registry without a doubt in my mine. We now require our Paramedic students to pass this test as their final for the Paramedic Course. After implementing this our first time pass rate for the National Registry as increased significantly! We went from only one or two to passing on first attempt to six or seven. Its well worth the money, for the Practice Tests and the Study Guide is only $50.

Hope this helps!

If you are using this for a Paramedic Course they have a very nice Skills Tracker and Clinical/Shift Scheduler. It allows you the instructor to view in live time the progress of your students, both skills and hours completed. It allows the students to see the progress of fellow classmates to see where they stand in their class.

It is also recommended for people that want to challenge the NREMT exam for re-certification since it will test your knowledge and let you know what you forgot since leaving the class room.

It makes everything easier, the students even like it since PCR are now almost all electronic. It really prepares them for the real world.

Great idea! I can agree with them as fisdap skills tracker was a requirement when I was in medic school. So i'll introduce both aspects to them.Thanks a mil!!

If you are using this for a Paramedic Course they have a very nice Skills Tracker and Clinical/Shift Scheduler. It allows you the instructor to view in live time the progress of your students, both skills and hours completed. It allows the students to see the progress of fellow classmates to see where they stand in their class.

It is also recommended for people that want to challenge the NREMT exam for re-certification since it will test your knowledge and let you know what you forgot since leaving the class room.

It makes everything easier, the students even like it since PCR are now almost all electronic. It really prepares them for the real world.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.