Hello from South Korea

tae1822

Hey all, my name is Taehoon Kim and I am from South Korea.

I registered to see if I can do some reading on what the EMT field is like

and from what I've read it seems great!

Just some questions though, does anyone know if I can and how to certify with NREMT here in Korea?

i.e where to take courses/classes, fees, etc

I looked through the Korean/virtually non-existant EMT system and it seems they do things different

here, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Anyway to sum things up, EMTs here are well trained but not nationally certified, there are 2 levels

of EMTS here in Korea 2nd grade (the emt-b / i85 equiv) and 1st grade certificate(emt-i99 / emt-p equiv) and they are

are certified through private agencies. Back in the day EMTs were non-existant, now through alot of effort

from some private organizations, it seems they are bringing to light the importance of prehospital care.

Regardless, I'd like to first certify through an internationally recognized agency i.e NREMT(they are recognized here in Korea).

Ultimately I would like to certify up to EMT-P and work with law enforcement/SWAT/military as a corpsmen/ "tactical" EMT.

Any tips/hints nudges in the right direction is appreciated!

I am from NYC, USA... Welcome aboard... It's going to tough to get the answers you're looking for here, unless a member has knowledge about South Korea Healthcare and EMS System(s). If you can't find information on the internet; next time you see an Ambulance parked, go up to them and ask. If there is an Ambulance Station you know of, go over there and ask. Good luck...

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.