EMS Newbie Essay Contest

Hey guys, we're running an essay contest on Confessions of an EMS Newbie. First prize is an all-expense-paid trip to EMS World Expo in Las Vegas, an ER shift shadowing Dr. Bryan Bledsoe, and an appearance on the EMS Newbie live podcast from the show floor. We have cool prizes for 2nd and 3rd place, too!

Entries are limited to EMS newbies (EMT students or less than 2 years EMS experience), and the submission deadline is midnight, June 1.

Go to Confessions of an EMS Newbie for details, and spread the word to any EMS newbies you may know!

http://www.emsnewbie.com/vegasbaby/

Hey guys, we're running an essay contest on Confessions of an EMS Newbie. First prize is an all-expense-paid trip to EMS World Expo in Las Vegas, an ER shift shadowing Dr. Bryan Bledsoe, and an appearance on the EMS Newbie live podcast from the show floor. We have cool prizes for 2nd and 3rd place, too!

Entries are limited to EMS newbies (EMT students or less than 2 years EMS experience), and the submission deadline is midnight, June 1.

Go to Confessions of an EMS Newbie for details, and spread the word to any EMS newbies you may know!

http://www.emsnewbie.com/vegasbaby//

What a kick ass contest! Unfortunately, I don't qualify... :cry::cry:

What a kick ass contest! Unfortunately, I don't qualify... :cry::cry:

Man...I'm trying to think of who here will qualify?

And is this contest happening here only? Country wide? What is it's scope? Just curious. And as LS said...kick ass prizes...the contest has yet to be seen...

Dwayne

Dwayne, as the post said, it's limited to EMS newbies (either EMT-B students or practicing EMT's with less than 2 years of experience.

The topic and further contest rules can be found on the contest page at the link I posted.

Man...I'm trying to think of who here will qualify?

And is this contest happening here only? Country wide? What is it's scope? Just curious. And as LS said...kick ass prizes...the contest has yet to be seen...

Dwayne

Dwayne, as the post said, it's limited to EMS newbies (either EMT-B students or practicing EMT's with less than 2 years of experience.

The topic and further contest rules can be found on the contest page at the link I posted.

Sorry man, I didn't mean to imply that you had been unclear...I was just sort of thinking out loud to the members here about who we had at the City that would fit that criteria. Your post was fine.

How about young Mr. Beiber? He's not worked as a Basic I don't think prior to becoming a medic...So he would qualify, right? EMT-P with only a few shifts autonomous? Anyone else think of any of our other noobs that we might want to track down if we haven't seen them in a bit?

Dwayne

Edited by DwayneEMTP

• 3 weeks later...

Damn should've paid more attention to the forum! I'm a great writer, but certainly can't write anything in 24 hours... and I really feel I should have SOME experience not just being a serious green EMT.

-MetalMedic

Damn should've paid more attention to the forum! I'm a great writer, but certainly can't write anything in 24 hours... and I really feel I should have SOME experience not just being a serious green EMT.

-MetalMedic

Well, the contest is especially *for* EMS newbies, so if you've been in EMS less than 2 years, you qualify. Plus you've got till midnight to get an essay done!

Damn just found this thread. I am stepping up and taking a crack at it.

Liscensed 6/30/10 so I think I qualify even though I have been part of a squad since 09.